Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I NEED YOUR HELP

Hi there fellow SP members,
    As many of you already know, my youngest son, Dylan, was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia on February 22, 2006 and our rollercoaster life began. He is currently in remission and doing great. We've had our share of scary moments and recently Dylan was unexpectedly admitted to the hospital due to very low nuetrophil counts and very high fevers. He had virtually nothing in his blood to fight off infection. He spent four days hooked up to IV fluids and antibiotics. He's back at home and doing well again. He's one year into a three year chemotherapy protocol.

While he's busy kickin' cancer's butt, I'm busy raising money to help in the fight against blood cancers. I just signed up to be a part of the team for the Hike for Discovery to raise more funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! Every Saturday throughout the summer I will be dragging, and I do mean dragging my butt out of bed at 6a.m. or earlier to do training hikes along with daily workouts during the week. In October I will be going on a 12 mile hike in Kauai, Hawaii. I'm hoping to be able to build up my physical endurance enough to do the hike. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii and now have the opportunity to be there for a cause that is close to my heart. I'll need to raise $5000.00 in order to participate.

I am raising money for this very important cause and I'm asking you to help by making a contribution! Please use the link in this email to donate online quickly & securely. You will receive email confirmation of your donation and I will be notified as soon as you make your donation.

You can also send a check to me @

Diane Ussery
    P.O. Box 1833
    Buckley Wa. 98321

made out to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society .

Donations are tax deductable! I thank you in advance for your support, and really appreciate your generosity!!

http://www.active.com/donate/hfdwaak/hfdDUssery

Dylan is one of our honored teammates and will be helping to encourage all of us to make it through the training and the fundraising. He is my inspiration!! Keep track of him at: www.caringbridge.org/visit/dylanellefson

PLEASE forward this to as many people as you can and encourage them to donate as well! I need all the help I can get!
    THANK YOU for your time. I hope you'll be able to help out.

LB,

Is JB getting off his butt, or is he just letting you do all the work?

Although, given how you raised more funds last time, this may be the better choice. Janice and I are down with this, donations are inbound.

As always, pass our best regards on to Dylan and the family.
    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Anytime John, anytime.
      "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Still taking part in the Hike and could still use your help! I'm not quite half way there and have about two months to go. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Giving back to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is one of the most important and fullfilling things I could ever do. Dylan is still here because of their research and I am eternally grateful for that. Thanks guys!!

Comment

I'm in.
          Let's get on board Guys, This is for one of our own.
          A lot of small donations will add up quick.
          Steve

Comment

Ok guys. If any of you were thinking about donating now is the time. I've got less than a month left and still need around $700 or so. I've raised over $4000 so far, but have not hit the required $5000. Anything will help!

Don't forget to check Dylan's page too. He misses getting messages from the sniper world!
            www.caringbridge.org/visit/dylanellefson

Comment

Donation headed your way. Good luck.

Comment

Thank you, Marv!! You are awesome!

Comment

Funds sent, Diane. Take care and keep us posted.

God Bless,
                  -Jonathan

J.D. Larsen
                  Semper Fi!!

Comment

Done.

Comment

Thank you guys so much!!!!

Comment

I'm down to just under $400!! Thanks guys!

Comment

Just wanted to say Thanks to all you guys who were able to help me out. I made my $5000 goal and had a kick-a** hike in Hawaii. It was such a wonderful experience to be there with others from other parts of the country raising money for the same cause. My chapter alone raised close to $100,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society!! I'll being doing more fundraising in the future and hope you guys will be able to support me again. THANK YOU!!!

Comment

Do we have updates ?
                            " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

Working...
                            X