Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you work on during a long gun range session?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you work on during a long gun range session?

Let's hear it, break it down by precision/Sniper rifle, carbine and shotgun.

What skills and drills do you focus on?

Round counts?

Concentrate on one weapon system, or do you trot out several?
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

precision/Sniper rifle: Depend of the level of training, the results of last checks, dry shooting and handling, H + L, target detection, emergency engagement, bastards distances
    carbine: self-defense shooting and maneuvers. 0 (called conversational distance) to 400 meters
    shotgun: one for the doors, two for targets (self-defense) the other for hunting !
    Round counts?
    precision/Sniper rifle: cal.30: +/- 80 cal.50:+/- 30 per 4 hours per guns.
    Carbine: from 20 to 300.
    Shotgun: from 10 to 50.
    Concentrate on one weapon system, or do you trot out several?
    precision/Sniper rifle: ordnance cal.30 and cal.50
    carbine: ordnance but with all types of optics + irons
    shotgun: the one we got.
    " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

precision/Sniper rifle:
      Mostly enviromental conditions, and alternate firing positions. I alternate between two ranges, as one is a bowling alley from 300 to the 800 target, the other is more open. While not a firing drill conducted on the range, I stop at one of the pastures and practice milling and range est. on the cattle.
      carbine: Shooting positions, ie: standing, kneeling, sitting, with and without sling, slow fire, and rapid fire w/mag change from 100 to 200. Reflexive fire at 50.
      shotgun: I call it sporting clays and trap. Don't have a combat shotgun.
      Round counts?
      precision/Sniper rifle:
      50-100 depending on if I'm satisfied with my calls, and the dope developed.
      Carbine: 100-300
      shotgun: 25-50

Stay safe,
      Mark

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.'
      --George Patton

"Speed's fine, but accuracy is final."

There's no such thing as "unfair advantage."
      11B4HJ3/B4

Comment

Precision/Sniper rifle: Breathing mostly followed by trigger pull and then flinch anticipation. It took me a long time to get them together and I still haven't mastered it.

Carbine: Engaging targets from 100 yards to 300 yards all in the offhand as quickly as possible, shooting from cover and on the run. If I have my pistol with me I try to make transitions back and forth.

Shotgun: Turkey hunting only...

Pistol: React drills.....Lots and lots of react drills. Mostly drawing from the holster engaging multiple targets. Lots of shooting with the weak hand, from cover and on the run.
        "No sword? Use a stick. No stick? Use a rock. No rock? Use your fists and feet! Lose your life, but make the enemy pay!"

Comment

Working...
        X