Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you use/recommend for a trunk/truck gun, and why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]
    <div class='quotemain'>For a truck gun? M82A1. It's a little on the heavy side, but perfect for those jackasses that cut me off, brake check 18 wheelers or are obviously driving impaired. Unfortunately, my original side mount didn't protrude far enough, so during test firing, my left front headlight disintegrated. I fixed that problem by mounting on the top of the front quarter panel. The factory HUD has been reprogrammed to accept input from a small video camera that is positioned just aft of my Mark IV and has held up well in "testing". This high-tech accoutrement is complimented by my rube goldberg kite string trigger pulling device.

What's been disappointing is the cracks in my windshield from the spent brass, and the sheer underwhelming impact holes of the AP rounds. Unless I line up on the license plate, I almost never get disabling first-round engine hits. I'm considering going with a twin setup for a more balanced look, but am worried I would appear too "extreme". Looks and appearances are very important to me; I'm concerned that two (or more) .50s would make my car look fat. I already get enough "looks" from the other parents that apparently disapprove of my choice of truck gun, but I'm sure I'm surrounded by an understanding cadre here at SP.

Any thoughts?[/b]
    Dayyyummm......I like the way this guy thinks.....
    [/b]
    I've been waiting almost two years for someone to appreciate my idea of a truck gun. DRT is OK in my book. The rest of you ungrateful pricks are on the list!

Comment

Hah! Not all of us have your $, Russ!
      www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

[quote]
        Hah! Not all of us have your $, Russ![/b]
        Nor my looks...

On the topic of truck guns, a neighbor and I are fabricating secure steel boxes for our truck. I'm hoping I'll be able to keep an AR and a Saiga12 in mine; will post pics once the project is done.

Comment

Nor my looks...[/b]
          For which we are all thankful.

Cool! I'd like to see those pics when done.
          www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Working...
          X