Clear All

• New .308 Setup

Jeff Walker rifle
    PDC Custom folding chassis stock
    Patriot Cases carrying case

"Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Sweet! Jeff does fantastic work.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

I've only put about 7-8 rounds thru it at Jeff's place to dial in the scope. I'll wring it out at the Rendezvous next weekend. 26-inch Schneider USMC overrun barrel on it reamed with Jeff's M118LR reamer.

Comment

Damn that is nice!
        "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Good Looking setup!
          "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Is that a polygonal rifled barrel?

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

No, Shep, just the standard USMC M40 barrel, 1-12" twist. Both Jeff and Flea have the same barrel on their rifles. Schneider sells these as USMC "Overrun" barrels.

Comment

Now if I can cut the kids to one meal a day and turn down the thermostat to 55 ...
                Fighters in every place and clime , in every cause but our own .

Comment

Shep, if polygonal rifling is used in the USMC M40 series barrels then that's what mine is. I researched it when Jeff ordered it almost 2 years ago and have forgotten the specs now.

Comment

I don't believe the USMC-contract barrel is polygonal rifled, it's listed as a 6-groove. On their website, they list the M40 barrels and the polygonal rifled barrels separately.

Comment

Shot this rifle at Camp Butner today at a 1000yd practice session; big regional match there this weekend.
                      I'd only put 7-8 rounds thru it at Jeff Walker's place when I picked it up to get a 100yd zero.
                      I set the scope at 35moa elevation and 1moa left wind.
                      My first hit was a 6 at 5 o'clock. I went up to 36.5moa elevation and 1.5moa left wind. Second hit was an X. I shot 9 rounds total, the rest were 9's and 8's and a 7. I wasn't really trying hard, just wanted to get some solid 1000yd dope.
                      Since I haven't chronoed this ammo, I did an extrapolation using JBM calculator, and determined it's running about 2700fps.
                      I'm happy with this rifle!
                      The match this weekend is 2x1000 yds on both Saturday and Sunday; sorta boring. I'll go shoot the Sunday match just to get some more 1000yd experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X