Interesting 870 mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting 870 mod

Material is removed from the front of the trigger guard to allow easier access to the action release. I'm going to do this to my SBS 870, I'll post before and afters.

www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Let me know how you like it, I have a few I might try it on.
    " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
    '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

yep...that would help
      "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Interesting. I like that idea and may do it also to my 870. Thanks for sharing.
        -
        Formerly known as N15

Comment

It should work especially well if you wear gloves.

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

What was the problem that necessitated this modification?
            I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
            "Dogs best friend"
            "Every dog needs a friend"
            "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
            "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
            " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
            " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
            (All the above, Yours Truly
            The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

having a Mossberg allows you to press that switch without breaking your firing grip

mine stays depressed just holding it

pretty cool idea though. and one that makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Bo, I have seen folks have a problem activating the release under stress.

Comment

[quote]
                  Bo, I have seen folks have a problem activating the release under stress.[/b]

sometime I have difficulty operating it in non-stress situations. This mod would make it closer to my Benelli and I have never had a problem with operating it.

"Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Don't want ta appear ta be a malcontent, complainer but..... A protrusion such as that, looks like it's a just awaiting ta hang on something. Stress problems can usually be resolved with additional remedial training, like dummy action loads to cause reloading problems. Never tried it but,.. I wonder if the weapon will fire ifen I duct taped that hangdown thingy in the compressed position?
                    I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
                    "Dogs best friend"
                    "Every dog needs a friend"
                    "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
                    "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
                    " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
                    " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
                    (All the above, Yours Truly
                    The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

I don't see it hanging up, not when the trigger guard itself protrudes down 2" further. You're far more likely to snag a sling swivel or flashlight than a small, flat metal tab that protrudes less than 1/2".

If you duct tape down, or otherwise deactivate, the action release, the shotgun will still fire. The problem is, the "pump" won't lock either. If you apply any pressure to the forearm in a rearward direction, it will open the action. Not a good idea at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X