X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kel-Tec Shotgun (KSG)

Anyone have any experience or info on these

http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/preview-...ec-shotgun-ksg/

I like the capacity but the flipping switch seems a bit strange.
    Here?s to cheating, stealing, and drinking. If you must cheat, then cheat death. If you must steal then steal a young girl?s heart. And if you must drink then have a drink with me.

I played with it extensively when it first came out in SHOT Show. The first version had serious issue that the trigger would not reset if you did not release it before racking it. It seems that they listened to what O had to say and they have fixed it since. If you are an old dog, that has trained extensively with classic shotguns, you may have a hard time getting used to it. The people I have seen train with i,t run them like a champ. It's like everything: practice makes perfect. I have been seriously contemplating one.
    -
    Formerly known as N15

Comment

[quote]
      I played with it extensively when it first came out in SHOT Show. The first version had serious issue that the trigger would not reset if you did not release it before racking it. It seems that they listened to what O had to say and they have fixed it since. If you are an old dog, that has trained extensively with classic shotguns, you may have a hard time getting used to it. The people I have seen train with i,t run them like a champ. It's like everything: practice makes perfect. I have been seriously contemplating one.[/b]
      I ordered one 3 years ago and completely forgot about it...Strangely one day I found a NIB EoTech on the shelf and now I needed a place to mount it

The next day the GS calls and guess what they have.....My KSG. 1st impression was it was way short and after all the bad posts about the earlier guns I was glad I was a few years late.

I took it home and gave a good once over....Fit and finish is great other than the sharp mold flashing where the synthetic part came together.......30 minutes with an Emery Board fixed that.

Now racking (or shucking as some call it) the slide where a little rough so I broke out the CLP Froglube and worked the action 500 plus times over the next few days and cleaning any gunk off.

EoTech mounted it was off to see how it functioned....Box of old bird shot mixed with some #4 Buck and other 30 year old rounds.....1st shooter was a gal and it ran great. 2nd shooter limped the rack hence a FTE.....You have to work the action as a man and not be scared to break it......this isn't your standard pump gun.

Next day we were shooting trap with a 26.1 inch shotgun and an EoTech and everyone was pretty socked that we were making the hits.

A couple thing I have learned is the the 1st Gen's had issued and came with a Slab Sided Forearm.....2nd Gen's are to have fixed most issues and have a rounded lower forearm.......You want a 2nd Gen unless you want to send it back to KT for up grades.

The lower rail is Polymer and some report breaking using a Vert Grip....I would recommend Hi Tech Rail, MagPul Short VRG, Hi Tech Steel Muzzle Brake.

All in all out of the box with a little finishing it is an awesome high speed go to shotgun for HD, Truck Gun and work well for LEO's and Door Kickers as well.

You can load 14 plus 1 2.75 inch, 18 plus 1 2 inch and 24 plus 1 Mini shells and they all feed fine....All I can say is the KSG I have is running great.

Karsten

Comment

I bought the UTS 12 gauge and many of the same things apply here. It will jam if you don't rack it "Like a Man". It is a little bigger than the Kel-Tec but fairly similar. Most of the reviews I have read on-line rate the Kel-Tec a little better, mostly because of the jamming issues. If I had it to do over I might go with the Kel-Tec because of the smaller size....
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X