• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing of shotgun ammo for HD

Enjoy!

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic....47649b066d49b39
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Good stuff...thanks.
    " May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" General George S.Patton

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

Ditto.
      "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Never trusted birdshot for home defense. Lack of penetration, but small size/weight of the individual projectiles. A human's ribs and sternum are a bit too tough for birdshot.

Watched a guy shoot a beaver with 2 loads of #4 shot. Sure pissed off that beaver........

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

I spent about a half hour going through that whole thread, some pretty good posts. I heard Ayoob tell a class that #4 was the only load for HD because of the over penetration issue. Never realized the birdshot vs OOBK was equivalent to the 9mm vs .45 Never gave it that much thought...wasn't shooting birds so why buy birdshot?
          " May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" General George S.Patton

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

Good stuff if the fit hits the shan I'm loaded with slugs.
            " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
            '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

Gotta say, im confused, My saiga, and the gas piston issue is NOT a weapons malfunction. I took the "Puck" out, and found it was packed with small peices of PLASTIC. Not shell shavings, not powder residue. A friend suggested that these were "Tagets" or I.D. tags added to shotgun powder....these things are rather opaque in color, nothing in the weapons parts, or shells resembles it. GOT A CLUE? Im stumped, but recently bought different ammo, (Winchester PDX1 Defender 2 3/4 1150) and NO ISSUES, NO PARTICULATES. ???

I guess the powders are the issue?

Comment

ID tags in the ammo?? Thought that was a silly rumor out of DC several years ago.... If ya still have any of it I can put it under the Microscope for ya and try to identify it.
                CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

Plan for what CAN happen, not what HAS happened.
                --CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
                --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Taggents never actually happened, although it was talked about for awhile.

What you are experiencing is either "buffer" put into the powder to take up space, or unburnt flakes of powder, or both.

When a powder charge doesn't fully fill up the hull companies will use buffers (non-ignitable filler) to take up the rest of the space so that the powder charge isn't "sloshing" around in there.

Comment

Working...
                  X