New Baby Doll!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Baby Doll!

Gun Dr and I decided to make a couple of rifles. We did mine in .260 to hunt with and he is going to do his in 6.5-300.
    We started with a new 700 Receiver and fit PT&G Straight Bolt handles bolts to them and picked up Tubb Speed Lock firing pin assembly to finish it off.
    We used Bartlein 1:8 twist barrels and since I couldn't decide whether to finish it at 24" or 26" we compromised
    We used a Holland recoil lug and set it in a MagPul Hunter and topped it with a NightForce SHV 4-14X56 IHR

getting the barrel threaded

I dressed the bolt up just a little and put that $20 bolt knob I bought on eBay on there

Had a little trouble with the rail. The EGW I picked up wouldn't sit right because the front receiver hole was a little off.
    The 20MOA TPS I ended up using had a little more bolt head relief and mounted TPS Ultra Lows on that.

The barrel has a #3 taper and the Sendero cut channel gives it plenty of room to float. Doesn't look that bad either to me.
    "Flawed But Repeatable"

Had a bit of trouble getting info from NightForce on the reticle. The others are published but this on is not.

sent about 30 or so rounds of factory Federal and Remington rounds down it getting a feel. The Core Loc are definatly slower than the Federal GameKing Loads. Didn't look for data on either of them The reticle is proving out pretty accurate to the data I have collected on my other rig. Was able to hit the center of a 4" gong at 300 yds using hold off in a 7.5mph 7-8:00 wind and was a little low and left at 500 with holds.

Mag box measures 2.837 so the few test hand loads I have made to check groups with are at 2.830. I used factory BDL bottom metal.
    Last edited by Jester896; 11-11-2016, 04:18 PM.
    "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

forgot to mention I chose a Rifle Basix to set it off with.
      "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Looks like a great rig!
        Let us know how that Magpul stock works out. They look good, but I chose a chassis stock for my current rifle.
        "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

built it for a hunting rig... felt it was fitting to use the Hunter Stock . It feels kind of slippery on the front. one socket head screw out of the rear and the butt plate slides out...then the cheek riser lifts out to give you room for a bore guide. I mounted two swivel studs up front and one to the rear. It didn't like the rear one very much...still think it's solid though. Front mount position is a little to far to the front but the Harris seems stable too.
          "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Well, it looks like a good, low cost alternative to the higher priced stocks if it holds up to the stresses. Good luck with it.
            "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

Nice. Keep us posted.
              "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

ran these 15 today...think the round count is close to 50 now
                "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Very nice groups.

Comment

a little vertical stringing going on but I'm getting close..dropped it to 42.8 gr and we will see how it does.
                    "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Right on. Looking good Jester!

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Working...
                      X