M1A stock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1A stock

Wondering if anyone has seen these or heard anything good about these. Looks like the cats A** when it comes to tactical M1A hardware, but for the price ill stick with the factory stock. Would be nice to test though.

Seeing how this was for an M1A thought it best to post it here.

Mods:
    Feel free to move this, if you feel it fits another area on Paradise better than here.
    Attached Files

The Sage EBR is a nice setup, with a price to match. Everyone I have talked to that has one said they got an accuracy increase by dropping their rifle into this chassis.

They're being used quite a bit over in Iraq.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

[quote]
      They're being used quite a bit over in Iraq.[/b]

Are they being used on full length rifles, or the socom models?

An accuracy increase Any speculation as to why?

Comment

I've seen 'em on full-length rifles, as well as 18" Scout rifles. Smith Enterprise is building full-size rifles as well Scout length rifles for the US Army. I have yet to see a SOCOM pic from Iraq.

The Sage is similar to dropping your Rem700 into an AICS. It has a milled aluminum chassis, as well as a "barrel tensioner" that keeps constant, repeatable pressure on the barrel.

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

I have used one of these before (traded out a magazine with a guy to shoot my FAL at camp allen) and had one problem with it. the iron sights were pretty much useless to me, they felt too low in the new stock to get a good cheek rest making it uncomfortable to shoot. problably works well with optics but for a good black rifle i think the iron sights are the most important.

by the way his was a socom 16 and he seemed to feel pretty comfortable with the setup so its problably just me

-Mike

Comment

Depending on his facial structure vs yours, he may have had the adjustable cheek piece set up where it didn't work for you.

I have high cheekbones and tend to use more cheekrest build up than a lot of folks are comfortable with.

Comment

[quote]
              Depending on his facial structure vs yours, he may have had the adjustable cheek piece set up where it didn't work for you.

I have high cheekbones and tend to use more cheekrest build up than a lot of folks are comfortable with.[/b]
              i tried that, i adjusted it as low as i could, didnt work out for me, but i think it is just like you said... comfortable for some, not for others... i just seem to be one of the latter this time

the quality seemed to be pretty good and i really like the pistol grip for a battle rifle(personal preference i guess easier to shoot standing IMHO) if it fits your shooting style it seems like a good product for you M14 fans out there... until something better comes around for the M14 w/pistol grip ill stick to my FAL, hasn't steered me wrong so far

-Mike

Comment

My oldest daughter's boyfriend is in Afghanistan now and is using this Chassis with his M-14. He loves it and says he is very comfortable with it. Just took him some time to get used the extra weight of rifle and ammo over his M4
                I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American -Daniel Webster

Freedom & Fear; Justice & Cruelty have always been at War, and we know that God is not neutral between them - George W. Bush

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you - Genghis Khan

I dont know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you, half as well as you deserve. B. Baggins, Lord of the Rings

Comment

Any ideas on what the weight increase tends to be? It's an interesting idea, but I'm kinda digging my standard old wood stock too.
                  "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
                  -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I like to keep things light weight. How many pounds does this chassis add to the rifle? My M1A weighs 9.5 lbs with either the wood stock or fiberglass GI stock.
                    MILSPEC-Measured with a micrometer, Cut with an axe, Beat to fit, Painted to match.

Comment

Overall weight of a Mk 14 Mod 0 Rifle is 11.24 lbs empty. I personally don't mind the extra weight. Been wanting one of the Sage M39 chassis for quite a while now. The dang things are hard to find.
                      "No sword? Use a stick. No stick? Use a rock. No rock? Use your fists and feet! Lose your life, but make the enemy pay!"

Comment

I am old school and a bit of a cheapskate. I purchased a used GI stock and new handguard from Fulton Armory for $71 and applied $12 worth of Krylon. It is lighweight and functional. It weighs 9.5 lbs with an empty magazine and sling. I can use the money I saved for beer and ammunition.
                        Attached Files
                        MILSPEC-Measured with a micrometer, Cut with an axe, Beat to fit, Painted to match.

Comment

Looks good studly.
                          "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Nice! You can do a lot with the USGI fiberglass stock. Here's one that I cut up and mod'ed into a folding setup for my SAI SOCOM-16.

Comment

^^^

Always liked this photo!

Trying to get my hands on an M39 for my scout. Slowly but steadily I'll have it the way I want.
                              "No sword? Use a stick. No stick? Use a rock. No rock? Use your fists and feet! Lose your life, but make the enemy pay!"

Comment

Working...
                              X