• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1A catastrophic failure

Holy shit!

http://www.thegunzone.com/m1akb.html
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

I have seen take down rifles but that takes it to a whole new level!
    " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
    '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

That is some scary stuff.

Comment

Hi Shep;

That, from what the photos seem to show could be overly long neck being forced into the rifling trapping the bullet resulting in a high pressure detonation by the now clamped in bullet i.e. a pipe bomb.

Moral, even NATO spec 7.62X51 can be to long inn the neck for some match chambering. I have a M-86 with a match chamber that will not fully chamber some military 7.62X51mm and even some match commercial. A slam loader can force those longer necks into the rifling start.

Just a thought.

Take care, my friend...Jim
        "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

If you follow the links, the brass, barrel and receiver were sent to Fulton Armory for testing. FA makes a pretty good case for an improperly heat-treated barrel.
          www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Wow ! I read the report, but maybe I missed it . Did they mention the barrel maker? I'm assuming it was a GI barrel.
            "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
            "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
            "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

nope the report said that's no marking, commercial medium weight contour barrel
              " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

Working...
              X