USMC M39 EMR Clone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMC M39 EMR Clone

Well, shipped off the components today. Should have it back in about a month. Will post pics then
    In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

"Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Can't wait to see it!
      " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
      '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

Does all that there fancy looken stuff make the weapon shoot any further or better? Just an honest question!
        I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
        "Dogs best friend"
        "Every dog needs a friend"
        "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
        "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
        " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
        " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
        (All the above, Yours Truly
        The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

Only when I'm behind it. I'll at least double the max effective range of the rifle and take out to about 1600yrds

Comment

Who's doing the work?
            www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

After several calls and conversations with Andy at Smith Enterprises, he is going to personally do the build for me. I'll use this on duty and will deploy it with the element when needed.

I have the exact component list of the M39. Due to not finding the part needed I substituted a few parts which I felt were of the same quality from current manufacturers. I'll post my parts list tomorrow when I get on the desktop.

Comment

How do you plan to mount your scope on the rifle? I have tried every combination possible, and the only two that worked with out issues. The first was the standar Sadlak side mount. The only problem with this is that is hits the rail of the Sage stock. You would have to mill of some of the picatinny. The other, which is my favorite, is using an AR scope mount reversed. I have found that the ADM recon-x-scope mount to work the best.

http://www.americandefensemanufactur...iew/product/8/

I like it because it requires no modifications, and it has a quick release if you need to go to iron sights. At first I thought it would not be very sturdy, but it actually is. Here's a pic of a Bushnell 1-8.5 on mine when I was test fitting everything.

I tried he stripper clip mount option that comes with the stock, but there were some serious alignment issues. The rear ring was so off from the front ring that no lapping in the world would fix it. It wasn't a side to side issue, since that could be solved by drifting the clip till they were aligned. It was an angle issue. It was angled up and to one side.

For those that aren't familiar with the M14 platform, switching to a Sage stock gets rid of a lot of the finicky inconsistencies of the platform when using the original wood/GI stocks. It's collapsible stock makes it much easier for transporting or using it with armor. It really is a very well thought out stock.

Careful with SEI and their promises. They do quality stuff, but come short on their promises. You'll eventually get it, just not in the time frame they promised.
                -
                Formerly known as N15

Comment

I will be using a Smith Enterprises 2006 mount. I also have the modified top rail from Sage. I will be using a Larue quick detach mount with 0 cant model LT120.

There is also the Sage International M14 DCSB
                  http://www.sageordnance.com/SIL/M14DCSB.html

It actually fits over the rail.

As for Smith Enterprises, I'm hoping my status as LE will circumvent some of the BS and have it completed within the timeframe.

Comment

I've seen those and if weight wasn't an issue I would probably use them. It's all about what your priorities are.
                    -
                    Formerly known as N15

Comment

Very true

Comment

Working...
                      X