This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding weight to a PSS, or similar, stock

BTW, these are Flea's words and directions, not mine. I just cut and pasted them out of a different post so that I could Pin them here for easy use:

If you have a chest type freezer, it's best to stick the stock in over night. I take a small thin putty knife or chisel, and using a rubber hammer, I line the blade up between the stock and the plastic spacer. Then I tap the knife with the rubber hammer. I work in small amounts, keeping it straight, and it will pop right off.

By freezing it, the epoxy becomes hard and will break away clean.

After you get the butt plate off, you want to get some #7 1/2 lead shot. Pour the shot in the hole in the stock. Until it's level. Then pure the shot into a old plastic cup. I use the bottom of a 2 liter pepsi bottle. I cut the bottom out.

I get some two part epoxy, from the hardware store, the kind that works on plastics. It will have two tubes, like a syringe. I put the epoxy in the lead shot "but leave just a little for the butt plate."

I take a popsicle stick and mix the lead and epoxy. It will set up in five minutes so work fast and get it in the stock. Pack it down into the stock and make sure it's level with the top. At that point take the epoxy left over and put it on the butt plate. Hold the butt plate in place for about five minutes.

I take a piece of twine and tie it around the butt plate and trigger guard holes. Leave it for about 20 minutes and it's good to go.

Place the barreled action back into the stock and torque it down to 65 inch pounds and your good to go.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Is this the instructions for a Mcmillian A2?

Comment

Is this the instructions for a Mcmillian A2?[/b]
      No sir, the "PSS and similar" are all by HS Precision and have a hollow buttstock.
      Ed

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Comment

Is this the instructions for a Mcmillian A2?[/b]
        For an A2 stock I put lead shot in the spacers. Put your rifle with muzzle side down and take the butt pad screws all the way out. Then only take off the butt pad and you will notice the perect weight adding hole the spacers provide(assuming you did not take them out). Fill it up tightly and them replace the butt pad. You can put epoxy but if packed tightly they will not move or make noise.

Comment

Working...
        X