Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington Replacement Trigger - NO Recall Remington 700P

dear friends,
    i want to replace my old walker trigger on my remington 700 police made back in 1999.

i have several questions and hope you can help me, as always.

some videos on youtube etc. state that you should drive both pins that hold the trigger mechanism to the gun out from left to right, so far so good, that's just normal for driving pins out, but using this method you have to watch the bolt catch and it's spring and re-install it.
    on other videos they tell you to drive the front pin out from left to right (same as in the other method), but the rear pin from right to left and just far enough so that the trigger mechanism gets loose, but the bolt lock stays in place.
    my question:
    are the pins cylindric or tapered? will i harm weapon or rear pin, when driving it from right to left, instead of driving it from left to right?

i'm not yet sure which timney trigger to take, the #510 or the new calvin elite.
    i like the adjustment features of the calvin elite, but i don't like the golden housing and that you can see it when looking in the trigger guard when the gun stands in the gunrack.
    has anyone experience with the timney calvin elite?

best regards
    dusty

I'm a Remington 700 Armorer. Doesn't make a difference which way you remove the pins, they aren't tapered.

I don't have experience with the Timney Calvin Elite trigger. I did install a straight Timney in a student's rifle recently and like it A LOT. The geometry and feel of that flat trigger is outstanding, and I've never used a flat trigger before.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

thanks a lot, so also staking the pins is not necessary after a removal and new installation, they won't come loose by themselfes, right?

Comment

Nope, they'll be fine.

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

perfect thanks, so no need to worry.
          what do all the gyus in the i-net mean by saying the pins are beveled (=tapered?)?
          has remington used different pins over the years? my rifle was made in 1998/99

Comment

One of both ends are usually beveled but the pins are not tapered.

Comment

sorry, for the perhaps dumb question, but what is the difference between beveled and tapered, i'm not from an english speaking country, so perhaps i don't understand that right, sorry ;-)

ah, i think i understand what you mean.
              one end of the pin is slanted, but that's just the end, the pin has the same diameter (so not tapered) on it's over all length, but one end is cut straight and the other one slanted, right?
              so for the non-tapered pin there is no right or wrong direction to push out, either way is possible (cause not tapered).
              did i get that right?

Comment

You've got it.

Doesn't make a difference which side you enter from, but you'll figure out that in order to retain springs and parts some ways are easier than others.

Comment

can't thank you enough for all your help, my friend ;-)
                  my school-time is long since gone and so i hope i didn't waste too much of your time to explain the things a little bit more detailed to me, than you would have to have to a native speaker, sorry for that ;-)

Comment

No worries at all! That's what we're here for.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Shep, I thought the pins were beveled to. As always, this is a great place to come for knowledge.

Stay safe,
                      Mark
                      "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.'
                      --George Patton

"Speed's fine, but accuracy is final."

There's no such thing as "unfair advantage."
                      11B4HJ3/B4

Comment

Working...
                      X