This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent pics of a malfunctioning Rem700 trigger

Here's some good pics of a Remington 700 trigger that was slam-firing. Goes to show what lack of, or improper, maintenance will do. What you are looking at isn't grease, it's years of hardened and gooked up oil and WD-40.

Like I stated in an earlier post, squirt lighter fluid (like you use in a Zippo) into the top of the trigger assembly and allows to drain. That will do all the cleaning and lubing that you need. Let sit until it quits draining (I'm impatient and blow mine out with an air compressor).

www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Thanks for the pics
    Endeavor to Persevere)

Thomas Jefferson: "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master and deserves one. " Alexander Hamilton

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." S. Freud

In Proud Memory

Comment

You mean I shouldn't be using 90w gear oil?
      " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
      '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

Oil hell, that looks like bearing grease!

Comment

It's actually years worth of oil and WD40 that has hardened up and contains dirt and fouling.

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

That looks bad. How long does it take to get that way?

Does the lighter fluid have a negative effect on Accra-glass?

Dad always said to not use WD-40 on guns. Now I know why.

Comment

No idea how long it takes.

To clean the trigger, you need to remove the barreled action from the stock, then remove the trigger from the action. After running the lighter fluid through the trigger, from the top, you allow to hang until no more fluid comes out (or blow it out with an air compressor). Then reassemble.

Lighter fluid shouldn't be an issue with the bedding compound, because none should be coming out. In any case, I don't believe that lighter fluid would have an effect on Acraglas, but I could be wrong. Maybe I'll try an experiment and see. All my rifle are bedded with Devcon, but I have some Acraglas that I use for small projects.

Comment

Working...
              X