What Barrel Would You Choose?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Barrel Would You Choose?

for a 16-18" 1:8 that you were going to use an Adams Arms Mid-Length system on...looking hard at Wilson Combat...just wanted a couple more choices to look at
    "Flawed But Repeatable"

I would think any of the reputable barrel manufacturers would be good. I have Del-ton barrels on most of my stuff.; They run good. In stock is probably a selling point right now too.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Thanks for the reply V... their mid-lengths are 1:9. 1:9 & 1:7 are a breeze to find it seems and when I find a 1:8 it is $3-400 and I really don't have a problem with it if is good.
      "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Missed the 1:8 part. Sorry buddy.

I'd say in stock is probably a factor.

V
        "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Midway has some Shilen barrels, with matched bolt for sale in 1:8, but 20" and rifle gas. I know I've seen the same in 18" but probably hard to find in stock.

Comment

I chose Compass Lake Engineering to make a barrel for my build. Man those folks are GREAT to deal with. Started as a Krieger blank in 1:8 that they cut to a Recon profile and drilled for mid-length, cut it at 18" and threaded it. Had it head spaced/matched with their bolt and the chamber cut to their CLE chamber. Got an email it shipped today and I should have it tomorrow. It falls into their 3-4 week lead time NO PROBLEM! Did I mention they are great folks to deal with?
            "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Compass Lake has been building match ARs for a long time, and doing it right.
              ?Laws are like a spider web, in that it snares the poor and weak while the rich and powerful break them.
              Solon, ancient Greece

Comment

It didn't turn out so bad...still haven't fired it. I have a boat load of 69gr Match bullets I want to load up for it and have plenty of 75gr loaded. Kind of want to run a scope on it for a minute to see haw it groups before I mount the final optics.

RR Lower
                A mix of CMMG small parts w/Seekins bolt and mag release
                Ergo Deluxe Tactiacl grip
                Upper is Wisconsin Tactical Billet
                Gas System is Mid Length Adams Arms
                WMD NiB-X Cam Pin and Firing pin
                Trigger is a SS I had laying around...need to find something else
                DD Stock.
                "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Handguard is Samson...Only one Adams Arms recommends..im sure something else would have worked or I could have made it work.

"Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Hard to go wrong with Krieger barrel. Let us know how it shoots.
                    What are your "final optics" going to be?
                    "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

Night Optics D760AG
                      "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

My round to it seems to be getting smaller.
                        Decided on a Geissele NM DMR for the trigger...it arrived today
                        Picked up a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6X24 and a Burris QD AR-P.E.P.R. mount...now lets see what the gurl will do!
                        "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Sounds like a good setup.
                          I've never used anything but factory triggers in my ARs. But the only precision AR I had was sold years ago. Shooting from a bipod with it I just didn't see an advantage in a really good trigger. All the rest of my ARs were basically battle rifles.

Comment

I think it has about a 50% reduction in lock time than a standard trigger. With my shaky azz that may help me
                            "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

I've also read some good things about this trigger. It's not a target trigger as such, but a refined version of the standard AR trigger.
                              Enhanced Nickel Teflon Trigger Assembly. Trigger sear surfaces maintain correct geometry and are polished prior to heat treatment to ensure that surface hardened material is not removed. 5 to 5 1/2 lb trigger pull. Similar to ALG ACT and battle trigger

Comment

Working...
                              X