Strike Industries Mega Fins Hand Guard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strike Industries Mega Fins Hand Guard

After seeing an add on here, in the news feeds maybe, I decided to give one a try since I had been looking for something along these lines I chose the 12.5" Mega Fins small diameter carbine length hand guard.

It comes with a barrel nut, barrel nut shims, attaching screws, and a pretty nice 1 1/4" box end type wrench. I didn't use the shims for my install...hope I haven't over torqued, but it didn't seem that far off. The hand guard fits the barrel nut like like a glove..in fact it had to be tapped down the last 1/8" with a block. It has alignment tabs on it to keep everything in line, and they are small and out of the way kind of tucked under the rail.

There is plenty of room to get the front sight pinned back in place. You just can see the old sling attachment point from the hole underneath and it should be easy to install a sight with set screws too. As you can see it will be easy to change the gas tube if necessary. I think the added rail with the integral QD feature will be a plus as well. It should also give me a tactile feel/stop for the forward mounted light at 12:00

Last edited by Jester896; 07-04-2015, 10:09 PM.
    "Flawed But Repeatable"

As you can see in this somewhat blurry pic that HBAR barrel is just inside. I think with the right glove it shouldn't matter that much. I fired about 20 or so rounds and it didn't really feel hot with bare hands.

I hope the diameter works well for me.
    "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Lookin' good.
      I stuck with the MagPul MOE handguard on my lightweight AR for weight and simplicity.
      "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

I have an MOE M-Loc on my other rifle but it may have to go when I change it to mid-length
        "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Working...
        X