Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VooDoo Innovations VDI Lifecoat Integral BCG

http://www.voodooinnovations.com/vdi...-carrier-group

Picked one up from Midway USA and dropped it in my Daniel Defense M4. Ran 4 mags/120rds out of her with no issues. First 2 mags were as fast as I could shoot them, then 2 mags checking optic and plinking. Ran as well as it did with the previous mil spec BCG, so no surprises there.

The integral gas key is slick and the bearing surfaces seem be broader than my mil spec. All in all, an exceptionally well made and designed piece of kit.

I'll admit, I've only ever seen 2 M16's fail due to improperly staked gas keys. One was a USMC-issue Colt M16A2 and the other was an LE 12" select-fire Colt M16. The LE gun belonged to my SWAT Team and was NIB. I examined the other 6 that came with it and found the staking on all to be a bit weak. I subsequently tightened everything down, restaked all of them and we didn't have another problem.

I'm mainly curious about how carbon sticks to the Lifecoat finish. Every single piece of the BCG is coated with it, even the firing pin. Time will tell and I'll post my findings.

From their website:
    VDI direct impingement full auto rated bolt carriers are compatible with mil-spec and non mil-sped upper receivers and associated components. This bolt carrier is machined to meet all MIL TDP specifications and is enhanced using LifeCoat treatment providing superior:

Durability
    Lubricity
    Corrosive Resistance
    Carbon Resistance
    The complete Bolt Carrier Group comes with:

VDI LifeCoat Bolt Carrier
    VDI 5.56 Bolt Assembly
    VDI Firing Pin
    VDI Cam Pin
    Cotter Pin
    Our new Integral D.I. Carrier was designed from conception to improve the service life and durability of the direct impingement carrier. The VDI Integral DI Carrier eliminates the potential for carrier to key separation due to carrier key screws stripping, fracturing, or becoming un-staked. The new Integral carrier has a improved gas flow path with no obstructions or shelves for carbon to deposit and build on eliminating the potential for gas obstruction to seize the operation of your carrier.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

I'm liking this BCG so far. My DD doesn't run any better or worse with it, but I've never owned a BCG that is so easy to clean. I soaked the disassembled BCG overnight in solvent. All the carbon came out of the inside of the bolt carrier without scrubbing. A little light scrubbing with a nylon AP brush on the tail of the bolt got that carbon right off.....normally I have to scrape it off with a tool.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Working...
    X