X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakleys Standard Issue Program.

Hey guys,

I want to point out a program some of you may not be aware of. I'm putting it here because it applies to retirees as well.

Oakley's Government Sales program has a US Standard Issue program available. Once you register and send in a copy of your creds, I sent my redacted ID card, you are eligible for special pricing on the available items. You can browse the site and pricing after registering without having sent creds, but if you order it will not be processed until they have a copy of your ID. Great folks to work with, very helpful.

There are glasses of course, to include RX items, but also boots, gloves, packs, and assorted other stuff

I got to meet the program managers at the NRA Convention, and they were shocked when I asked if they were the Standard Issue guys. They wanted to know how I had heard about it, as evidentially there isn't a lot of use. I made it a point to tell them thanks, especially for including us old dudes in it. There take was that they wanted to include the retirees to thank them for the service. I was impressed with the atittude and intent.

They have some smoking deals on stuff, so if you're qualified and like Oakleys, I'd check it out. If nothing else, let folks know about it so if they're interested they can take advantage. I'd hate to see that go away.

I have new shades on the way.
    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

I ordered a bunch of stuff for myself and my fellow Instructors on Monday. It's a lot better than the way they used to run the program. Cake and pie now.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Well that sucks!!!! Guess I can't get in on those deals then. I have only owned over 10 pairs of Oakleys. After my last 2 pairs broke, still on the dresser waiting to be returned and hopefully replaced, I switched to Rudy's. Not to hijack your thread Vince, just rambling...

Comment

Update on these guys.

I finally got a legible copy of my ID to them on Tuesday, my shades were at home when I got there Friday. Outstanding service.
        "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

[quote]
          Update on these guys.

I finally got a legible copy of my ID to them on Tuesday, my shades were at home when I got there Friday. Outstanding service.[/b]

Great for you Vince, now put them in the mail to me!!!

Comment

This program has great pricing and is well worth the time. I ordered two pair of the Oakley Desert Assault boot. Which are great boots by the way. I haven't received them yet since they were on back order for four weeks. I would recommend anyone who can take advantage of it do so.

Lando
            "I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson

"To suppose that any form of government will secure liberty or happiness without any virtue in the people is a chimerical idea." --James Madison

Comment

I cant get the link to work any ideas?

Comment

https://secure.usstandardissue.com/index.cf...FTOKEN=65138256
                www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

awsome thanks! works great. trying to figure out how not to break the damn submit page on printer/faxless laptop.

Comment

Hey Guys,
                    Yeah they are still running full tilt. I ordered two pair of the 6" SI Black boots a few months back. All tolled with shipping I was about $220.00. That's less then the cost of one pair prior to shipping from a few of the major uniform suppliers. Since I started wearing them, I've had three of my Cops order them, and a few more are planning to. They are much more comfortable then the Rocky and Matterhorn boots they replaced, and did I mention feather light? The first code I responded to while wearing them, I thought I had wings on my feet. I was mildly concerned with the light insole when I first got them but decided to give em a run before adding an aftermarket one. As it is, they are just as they came from the factory, without any need for the insole change. I've been on my feet for sixteen hours plus in them, and they are like wearing a comfortable pair of sneakers. There were some issues reported with the soles squeaking, but mine don't. They've been worn thus far in some pretty wet weather, with me out in full torrential downpours, and have also casually strolled through some puddles running a few inches deep and been dry inside.
                    If there are any downsides, some of the brass don't care for them, as they aren't really built for spit-shines. The leather is thus far durable, but soft. The toe has a scuff guard that runs back over the front top of the boot, and while it's likely helped protect the boots a few times while fighting on the ground with bad people(I did have to dust the cover off), they won't take a spit shine. The tongue is also suede, and isn't gonna do well with polish. Obviously these are more serious working boots, and not for the spit and polish crowd. I'll save my other boots for the Honor Guard details.
                    I actually like these things so much that I'm planning to get a pair of the desert boots for off duty wear ...
                    I hope this helps...
                    Respectfully,
                    Harry
                    "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
                    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
                    "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

Working...
                    X