Cannon Gun Safes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannon Gun Safes

$this->unconvert_size(12pt;line-height:100%"> </span><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">
    </span>

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"> </span><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"> </span>

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"> </span><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">I must convey something to each and every one of you. If you have a Cannon Gun Safe you are in trouble. I do a lot of work in the safe industry and Cannon has absolutely one of the worst customer service departments of anyone in the industry. If you have an issue under warranty it may take months for them to send the repair parts. They are followed closely by Granite Safe Company which makes one of the RedHead branded safes and Winchester Gun Safes. Once again these are imported safes.</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"> </span><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"> </span>

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"> </span><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">I called Cannon today for technical assistance for opening yet another one of their failed containers. This couple has matching gun safes on each side of the room, so they have blessed Cannon with two purchases. She thought when she locked the door to her safe it was just a little harder than ever before. When she went back to open it again it would not open. The lock, a LaGard manual dial lock was/is working fine. The lock bolt retracted fine and the bolt work is clear to open. When you turn the spoke handle it will only turn a little less than half its normal travel. After scratching my head, I decided to try to contact their tech support. Usually, I wait on hold for an extended time and have to leave a message. They have yet to ever return one of the calls. I was surprised when someone actually answered. I ran over the issue I was having to the best of my abilities and I was told by the tech support person that they offer no technical support for opening a container that has failed and is out of the warranty period. I was also told that if I had a police report mailed to them after a break in attempt they would only offer minimal support. I can only conclude basically, if it is one day out of warranty they donít care about their customer or any problems you have with your container. They treat their customers the same way they treated me when I asked for information. And if you have a Cannon Safe it is going to fail, it is just a matter of when.</span>

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"> </span><span style="font-family:Times New Roman">These safes are sold through Tractor Supply, Agri-Supply and many others Iím sure. You spend your hard earned dollar to protect your other investments and this is what you get. With the exception of Granite no other name brand safe will do this to you. They will give the information professionals need to open your container if and when it fails so that it can be repaired to its original integrity and you are on your merry way. Even Sentry Safe has better customer service than these and they are at the lower end of the totem in my opinion </span>

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"> </span><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Buyer Beware</span>

<span style="font-size:12, )
    "Flawed But Repeatable"

Is there a particular range of years that the Cannon safes were made that are causing trouble? I own a G20 I have had for over 25 years.
    MILSPEC-Measured with a micrometer, Cut with an axe, Beat to fit, Painted to match.

Comment

These are the safes they are importing today. They claim to have a lifetime warranty against Fire, Burglary, and Flood. If you have a fire it really doesn't matter how I open the safe...but they will give support for that. If you have a burglary and send them a police report, they will offer assistance with opening it...again in most cases it will be so torn up it will not be put back in service. If there is a flood...you may not need their assistance. They offer warranty on things that will most likely not happen in your lifetime. If it just fails...a weld breaks on a slip clutch...you might be able to get a measurement if they ever call you back. If it fails after a year they don't care how you get open or will give you very little support to get it open and back in service.

I do understand they had an good product at on time, but it was made here. This stamped out thin skinned stuff is made to throw away and get another one. You will not find things like this with many of the other well known units...they bend over backwards at times to keep customers happy.
      "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Jesus... that is lame!

What has your experience with Liberty been?
        CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

Plan for what CAN happen, not what HAS happened.
        --CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
        --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

You saved a friend of mine some cash. Thank you.
          "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

[quote]
            Jesus... that is lame! What has your experience with Liberty been?[/b]
            Liberty is good stuff...IF it breaks they will offer support to get it open with the least amount of damage so that it can be put back into service quickly. They also have an import line available in most of the outlet type stores...haven't seen mass failures or any for that matter.

"Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

I am looking to pick another Liberty in the future. I like the one I have now.
              " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
              '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

Thanks for the info.

James
                "Ever since I was a kid I've had snakes as pets. They're clean and quiet. You give them rodents and they give you pure, unconditional indifference." Carl Hiaasen

"The Constitution is NOT and instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

"War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner." ? Cormac McCarthy

Comment

Working...
                X