The most important piece of gear you cary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most important piece of gear you cary

Guys, I know it's been covered before, so let's just call this a bump for new folks.

The one piece of gear that should be in everyone's range bag, battle rattle, and vehicle, is Quickclot. This can and will save your, or anybody else's life. No, I don't have stock in the company, but I've been there and done that, and if you can control the bleeding, there's a good chance that you can send someone home. Yeah, there's a problem with the heat, but you can treat a burn on a living person.

What it comes down to, is that it's stupid to let someone, or yourself bleed out.

Stay safe,
    Mark

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.'
    --George Patton

"Speed's fine, but accuracy is final."

There's no such thing as "unfair advantage."
    11B4HJ3/B4

Hi Mark;

Absolutely! Burning usually isn't an issue when you really need to stop the bleeding anyway shock pretty much mutes it. In between the gremlins punching holes and the carbide circular saws for cutting other folks fencing we use some of it

Take care, my friend...Jim & Soo-jin
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Been preaching to carry this for years now. Big fan. Love the combat gauze.
      "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Mark,

I know this is a post from early 2014 but I wanted to ask someone with experience a question on quickclot. Is the sponge effective or for a GSW is the gauze required? It looks to me like the sponge may be too large (as a single piece) but I don't have hands on experience with that type of trauma.

Comment

I'm more familiar with use of the gauze for GSW but the sponge will work also. I've got the gauze and a sponge along with a battle dressing in my range bag, and drag bag. The main thing to remember is to control the bleeding, if you can do that the chance of survival skyrockets.

Stay safe,
          Mark
          "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.'
          --George Patton

"Speed's fine, but accuracy is final."

There's no such thing as "unfair advantage."
          11B4HJ3/B4

Comment

I carry a tourniquet as well. I have the CAT issue type now, but I'm really looking to the R.A.T.S tourniquet as the new bag addition.

http://ratstourniquet.com/product/rats/
            Amazon.com: Tourniquet - Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T): Industrial & Scientific
            "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Comment

Originally posted by usngunner View Post
              I carry a tourniquet as well. I have the CAT issue type now, but I'm really looking to the R.A.T.S tourniquet as the new bag addition.

http://ratstourniquet.com/product/rats/
              I bought a RATS and it came today. This is really fast to apply, and seems to be ok for one handed application. I like the bright red color so you can see it. It did require me to watch the video to be sure I was applying it correctly, but I stopped the distal pulse in my left wrist in about 10 seconds when applying it to the upper bicep. I do wonder if it will work well on guys with large thighs, but from what I felt even one wrap would stop a pulse.

Comment

Absolutely. I have the RATS stashed all over now. Each vehicle, my thigh pocket, med kits. Very cost effective and drop the blood flow quickly.

Comment

Working...
                X