Safe advise for lots of guns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe advise for lots of guns

I need a suggestion on safes that hold a large number (30+) long rifles with scopes. I would like additional storage as well but a large numer of rifles is the first requirement.
    CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

Plan for what CAN happen, not what HAS happened.
    --CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    --Thomas Jefferson

I have a Liberty Lincoln 35 which will hold 34 total long guns. I am very happy with it. I went with the biometric lock, which is great with the number of times I am in and out of it on a daily basis.
    http://www.libertysafe.com/safe-lincoln-sa...rs&pg_id=13
    "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
    "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

There are several good ones on the market today. Fort Knox, Liberty, Heritage, and AMSEC. Most of these have imports in their lines as well. Scoped rifles normally take up the space for 2 slots..ie..if it hold 30 guns you can comfortably get 15 or so scoped rifles in it. Dial locks can be manipulated within a 24 hr period. The electronic and bio-metric will take care of that issue...they shut down after 3 incorrect attempts usually. Keep in mind that you are buying a piece of equipment that will last you a lifetime and you will most like get what you pay for. Anything under 750 # should be anchored. Residential construction is designed to hold 600# in a 3' sq area on first floor 300# on second floor so if you are putting it on a raised floor it will need additional support underneath.
      "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

[quote]
        There are several good ones on the market today. Fort Knox, Liberty, Heritage, and AMSEC. Most of these have imports in their lines as well. Scoped rifles normally take up the space for 2 slots..ie..if it hold 30 guns you can comfortably get 15 or so scoped rifles in it. Dial locks can be manipulated within a 24 hr period. The electronic and bio-metric will take care of that issue...they shut down after 3 incorrect attempts usually. Keep in mind that you are buying a piece of equipment that will last you a lifetime and you will most like get what you pay for. Anything under 750 # should be anchored. Residential construction is designed to hold 600# in a 3' sq area on first floor 300# on second floor so if you are putting it on a raised floor it will need additional support underneath.[/b]
        Jester is the locksmith, check with him. Might even cut ya a deal. I have a Liberty and really like it.
        " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
        '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

[quote]
          Jester is the locksmith, check with him. Might even cut ya a deal. I have a Liberty and really like it.[/b]
          Cats outta the bag now

Liberty is on my short list and I see I left one off... ProSteel (Browning) Again their low end units are normally imports. Look for UL labels. "UL Listed" means they built the unit to UL standards. "UL Tested" means they actually sent a unit to UL for them to test.

Mine is a Browning made by ProSteel. If you have any specific questions... I will be more than happy to answer them either here or in email.

$this->unconvert_size(12,
          )

"Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Any advise on Cannon safes??

I am divided between Liberty Presidential and one of the upper end Canon lines right now.
            CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

--CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
            --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

[quote]
              Any advise on Cannon safes??[/b]

Most of them are imported. Look at the weight...a 60X30 container is in the 600# area...the same in say.. Heritage would be in the 800# area if I remember right. And their factory service is...well. Will it keep your guns safe from fire and theft...probably.

"Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

OK... looked up the info on the Presidential...Gear Drive as opposed to cam drive... a definite plus...Fort Knox also has this feature..it is harder to drill for a bolt and punch them back on gear drive units since that area is not protected by hard plate. 2.5 hour fire protection...my view...if you struck a match and lite one corner of your structure on fire... and watched it burn...how long would it take to burn to the ground...if you say 30 minutes I would say get a 60 minute safe...that way when the structure falls in on itself it will give you 30 more minutes of protection in the oven that was created.
                "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

So is the 'ball bearing' hard plate a marketing gimmic or does it work?
                  CelticRaven

--CelticRaven

--Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I haven't seen a gun safe with a ball bearing type or glass sandwich hard plate...most of them just use Rockwell C60 plate in layers

and that is just under the lock not the complete door

"Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

I hope to purchase another Liberty before too long, I'll drop you a line Jester.
                      " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
                      '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

Jester,
                        Thanks for your help here bud! After reading more about some of the issues you have pointed out I have settled on Liberty. Cost is going to drop in right about $5k, and well need to find someone to deliver and move it into where I need it, since them delivering a safe that weighs #1600, to the end of my drive way 100' from where I need it won't do me much good.
                        CelticRaven

--CelticRaven

--Thomas Jefferson

Comment

May have one for you if you don't mind a scratch and dent...will know more tomorrow

http://www.amsecusa.com/Gun_Safes/BF_Series_Gun_Safes/

+ delivery where you want it

Color is chocolate and it has the ESL10XL lock

"Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Wow, I like that.
                            "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Yep...it's scratched and dented

BF7250 chocolate w/brass trim
                              "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Working...
                              X