X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EASY, ACCURATE METHOD FOR MEASURING NEEDED RING HEIGHT

1. Mount your base to the rifle.

2. Stack washers (or pennies, nickels, quarters, etc) in even stacks on the mount about where your rings would go. Build the stacks up until you get the scope at the ideal height that you want.

3. Take one of the washer stacks and measure the height (preferrably with calipers).

You will now have your ideal saddle height (top of the base to the bottom of the scope body or tube). In the accompanying photo, that is height "B".

You will want to purchase a set of rings with a "B" height as close as possible to what you measured from your stack of washers

When purchasing your rings, if they are sold using height "A" (top of base to center of ring) then you will need to:

Add .5" to your washer measurements if you have a 1" scope tube

Add .59055" to your washer measurements if you have a 30mm tube

Add .66929" to your washer measurements if you have a 34mm tube

Add .688975" to your washer measurements if you have a 35mm tube

Alternatively, you could subtract those numbers from the "A" height of the scope rings manufacturer's specs and that would give you the "B" height, it'll work either way.
    Attached Files
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Here's some help if you don't have calipers.

I measured 10 pennies and got an average thickness of .0593". Multiply that by the number of pennies used, then look at the rings below for the one that fits below. All the listed rings are 30mm.

Seekins Low .229
    Badger Ord Standard .232
    Farrell Ind Standard .243
    Leupold Mk4 Medium alum .249
    Smith Ent Low .250
    Seekins Medium .279
    Badger Ord Medium .294
    Nightforce Low .300
    Seekins High .329
    TPS TSR Low .334
    Seekins Ultra High .379
    EGW Standard .400
    Nightforce Medium .400
    Talley Tactical Low .409
    Badger Ord MedHigh .409
    Farrell Ind High .443
    Leupold Mk4 High .469
    TPS TSR Medium .484
    Smith Ent Medium .500
    Badger Ord High .534
    Nightforce High .535
    TPS TSR High .634
    Talley Tactical Medium .684
    Nightforce Ultra High .782
    Badger Ord Ultra Ord .787
    Leupold Mk4 .809
    Talley Tactical High .834
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Working...
    X