X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]
    <div class='quotemain'>
    RebHawk

Great article.Myself I'm a semi-pro photographer and would like to share a bit of info as well. In the photography arena the number 1 cleaning solution to date is from Copper Hill. This what I use on my kit which is worth more that my rifle set-up, so I'm very concious and nervous when cleaning.

You could all check this out:
    http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning

Myself I am using the #10 - MEGA Kit

Andre[/b]

Andre:
    Note that the solution and wipes they specify for "Sensor Cleaning" are the same ones I specify for optics cleaning. From looking at their products, the lens paper they specify for "lens cleaning" appears to just be the same rough stuff as Kodak lens paper. I recommend you use the Eclipse solution and Pec-Pads for all your lens cleaning. Those two items and a camel's hair blower brush should be all you need.

Regards,
    --Hawk
    [/b]

Hawk
    the Eclipse and Pads are part of the kit. They just threw everything in that package. So far great results. I really like the air brush as well.

Really glad you did the write upit's a real necessity.

Live Long & Prosper
    To Go Where No Man Has Gone Before.

http://inukshuk.smugmug.com/

Comment

I just throw my scope in the sink and wash it with Dawn.

Comment

"It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
        "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

Hey, they're your optics, knock yourself out...

*shakes head*

--Hawk
          There are few problems a well-placed 308 cannot cure. --- Hawk

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the War Room! --- President Merkin Muffley in Dr. Strangelove

Rocket Science is much more fun when you actually have rockets! --- USN Recruiting Commercial

A little revolution now and then is a good thing --- Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen an end to war --- Plato

"In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine & Berkeley, Patty Hurst, heard the burst, of Roland's Thompson gun & bought it!!!" --- The Late Warren Zevon, Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner

In the 1500's, the Roman Catholic Church sold indulgences to forgive sin. In the 21st century, we call these carbon offsets. ---Hawk

�Fight like a man, so you will not have to die like a dog� --- Calico Jack Rackham's Mistress

Comment

[quote]
            I just throw my scope in the sink and wash it with Dawn.[/b]
            ok... do you prefer a waterblaster or a bathtub for cleaning your rifle
            The future of man is unknowen, Unless you try to rob a gun store with a machete in which case your future is certin...Your gonna get your dumb a$$ shot!

one weekend in the bush sorts out months of crap from the city.

Comment

What about a LENSPEN? I use the one that came with m y ACOG, I figured if they include it with every $1000 ACOG they sell they must be good. Wrong?

Comment

[quote]
                What about a LENSPEN? I use the one that came with m y ACOG, I figured if they include it with every $1000 ACOG they sell they must be good. Wrong?[/b]
                Think about what happens to your lens when you clean a lens with gritty dust on it with a lenspen... then clean it again sometime later. Grit will build up on a lenspen, and you'll eventually be sandpapering your optics. If you are only using a lenspen to clean off fingerprints, it is probably fine. But not fine dust. Also note that lenspen can leave excess cleaning solution on your optics (see their FAQ at http://www.lenspen.com ), which you have to remove with a good lens cloth anyway, so why not just use the right stuff in the first place?

Cheers,
                --Hawk

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the War Room! --- President Merkin Muffley in Dr. Strangelove

Rocket Science is much more fun when you actually have rockets! --- USN Recruiting Commercial

"In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine & Berkeley, Patty Hurst, heard the burst, of Roland's Thompson gun & bought it!!!" --- The Late Warren Zevon, Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner

In the 1500's, the Roman Catholic Church sold indulgences to forgive sin. In the 21st century, we call these carbon offsets. ---Hawk

�Fight like a man, so you will not have to die like a dog� --- Calico Jack Rackham's Mistress

Comment

Hawk, any place you know of online, where I can get the dreaded "Camel's Hair Brush with Blower Brush"? Nearest camera place is a good 45 miles away.
                  Local 308, International Brotherhood of the Mil-Dot

Comment

A good place to buy all this sort of stuff is Micro-Tools:

http://www.micro-tools.com

They have the Photographic Solutions Pec-Pads and Eclipse cleaning solution at a discount, along with all sorts of camera brushes and blowers. They don't seem to have the camel's hair/blower combo though. You can find that at:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/3results/contr...=ps&sq=desc

Cheers,
                    --Hawk

Comment

Thanks, I should be abe to find what I need now.
                      Local 308, International Brotherhood of the Mil-Dot

Comment

Working...
                      X