Well. End of an Era.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well. End of an Era.

Kind of a sad day for me. As most of you know I am a huge EOTech fan. Well, I was anyway. I shipped off my last EOTech today for a refund.

I still think the EOTech was a much more practical optic than any of it's competitors, that reticle beat a dot hands down. I am going to miss those sights but this was too good an offer to pass up on a sight that may not be supported in the future. Get the cash while the getting is good I guess.

If you have one, I suggest hitting their support page http://www.eotechinc.com/return-auth...n-request-form and submitting the form. My submissions came back pretty quick and all my sights are sent in.

They even bought back my bushnell holosight. Can't complain about that. I have to say they're handling this in an outstanding manner. Full purchase price on a 10 year old optic is pretty damned good and unheard of in this industry.

I'll let you know when the refunds actually get here.

Last edited by usngunner; 02-09-2016, 12:18 PM.
    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

I used EOTechs in Iraq and Afghanistan, never had a problem.
    I only have one AR now, and it has an Aimpoint T-1.
    "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

I never did either John. But, I didn't want to have one go south later and have no recourse. Better safe than sorry I guess.
      "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Comment

Vince, that's exactly why I'll stick with Aimpoint. I sold my last EOTech a couple years ago, but just because it was extra baggage, not because I felt there was anything wrong with it.
        "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

Picked up an ACOG with RMR. Pretty damned nice. Liking it quite a bit so far.

Comment

Update. Got my check for the first two sights today. LOL. Now I can pay off my Trijicon.

Since I sent the other one in a week or two after these I expect to see it soon. Then I can get my MRO.

I have to give them credit for getting to it and getting it done. The date on the check is the 11th, so just over a month from when I mailed the sights. Hard to argue with that.

Comment

If Eotechs are so great, 'gunner, how come you couldn't hit anything with yours!? LOL
              www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Cause I grew up watching the "A Team"!

Comment

Working...
                X