Hornady 168 AMAX .308 issues?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hornady 168 AMAX .308 issues?

Has anyone experienced any issues with Hornady 168 AMAX rounds? Just had a couple of guys return from a school and complained of several failure to fire's (with primer strikes) and a few failure to extracts. I haven't had any issues and think it may be a rifle or shooter problem but wanted to ask around. Rifles are Rem 700 LTR's.

Thanks,
    Wayne

I hadn't seen that. In my last 2-day Basic Precision Rifle Course one of my students shot this load both days with no issues, out of an 18" JPE LRP-07. Very accurate and fast. He had less drop than anyone else in the course.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I haven't found anyone yet that has had issues with the AMAX ammo. The course was pretty intense so I believe it is going to be operator error but wanted to make sure it wasn't a common problem before we continued to use it for our duty rounds. Thanks again.

Comment

Cobb County PD (GA) SWAT uses the 168grn AMAX for their duty round.
        www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Working...
        X