Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammunition's bibles ? Books ?

Hi ya'll,
    Do we have one of us who's an ammuntions enthusiast ? Somebody who'd been il the IAA ?
    I seek for a good book about small arms ammuntions of the world, already bought a bunch of books like Cartridges of the world series, but I'd like something different, with better descriptions or pics. Any links or ideas ?
    " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

huh, nobody ?

Comment

I use Cartridges of the World, as well as a bunch of much older books by folks like PO Ackley.
      www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Thanks cap'tain, I'll dig around PO Ackley. I also found the sample from International Ammunition Association : http://www.cartridgecollectors.org/d...AA-journal.pdf
        You might like that. About Cartridges of the world I got the 2013, but as I said I miss more pictures and details.

Comment

PO Ackley is OLD SCHOOL stuff. Hunting applications for the most part. He's the one that made the "Avkley Improved" modifications popular.
          www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Thanks for the idea and updates ! much appreciated.

Comment

Shep's the ammo man!
              "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Sorry, all I have is "old school" The Handloader's manual of Cartridge conversions by Donnelly is a great book. Lots of stuff to keep you reading!

Comment

I have The Cartridge Guide The Small Arms Ammunition Identification Manual by Ian V. Hogg 1982
                  "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Guns of the Old West by C E Chapel . More about the guns , but tells of the wide variety of calibers and whatnot .
                    Textbook of pistols and Revolvers by Major Julian S Hatcher USA

I have some other old stuff , what exactly are you looking for ? Just ammunition , or info on the guns also ?
                    Fighters in every place and clime , in every cause but our own .

Comment

Sorry I missed the answers, thanks for taking the time to reply.
                      I digged a little into ammunitions bible and that was quite a long work. There's a lot of ordnance and many more civilain factories even if you always find the sames depending of your area. The packaging box marking alone is an art. It become harder and harder as you go to bigger calibers.

Comment

Working...
                      X