No announcement yet.

Results from the Spring 2010 Rendezvous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I super bummed that my family vacation overlapped and I couldn't make it down. It sounds like it keeps getting better and better. I'm glad everyone had a good safe time.
    America deserves to know her heroes!

Comment

Really sorry I missed it too...
      "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
      "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
      "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

Gentlemen, it was an outstanding time. I really enjoyed seeing the old hands and meeting new ones.

We had some outstanding shooters working long range for the first time. It is an honor to spot for guys that can repeat the hold and the spot goes right where we wanted it. (Jerry, Jeff, you guys did great!)

I'm going to brag on Janice, she rang steel to 1400 with her .260. The lady can shoot.

An outstanding time. I have more fun in those three days than I have the rest of the year. (Excluding the other one!)

I will get the pictures up when I get home. I will be posting the albums on our website and will link to them as soon as I get home from Long Island this weekend. If you have pictures to add, shoot me a PM and we will coordinate adding them.

Be safe my friends.

As discussed at Rendezvous, when I get specifics on the steel targets, we'll post it here at SP.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Hey Vince,

I understand you found a stowaway after you got home.....
          I hope you have your:
          1) licence to remove the state bug from said state.
          2) I hope you had all of your shots. It is a felony to infect a state bug with "bad blood".
          3) Your state tax stamp allowing a the taking a state bug for sport.
          4) I hope you squished him with a big hammer.....I hate those blood sucking critters.
          5) I have never met a dead tick that I didnt like!!!!!

Steve
          "Cogito, ergo armatum sum: I think, therefore I am armed" Dave Grossman
          "Be a Sheepdog".......R.A. Nable
          ...It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others......
          ?Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats?.
          Henry Louis Mencken, American writer of the early 20th century, satirist, and cynic.

Comment

I had a great time the first day, ended up leaving the 2nd day because i got sick. I will attend next year if i am able to acquire a spotting scope so i can trade shooting and spotting with another shooter.

Comment

Brian, you're welcome to grab me and my spotting scope for a hand next time.
              www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

[quote]
                I super bummed that my family vacation overlapped and I couldn't make it down. It sounds like it keeps getting better and better. I'm glad everyone had a good safe time.[/b]
                Yes, this was the best one yet I think. Family vacation, not sure you have your priorities straight. Put October on your calendar now man, we missed ya.

Comment

Well it was a great trip again, it is always fun getting together with old friends. It was also nice to get my girlfriend behind a rifle for her first time. I was very proud to see her get all the way out to 1200yrds with a 308. Thanks to all of you who were so kind and and helpful to her. Travis your a good man. Ill get some photos up here shortly.

mike

Comment

[quote]
                    Well it was a great trip again, it is always fun getting together with old friends. It was also nice to get my girlfriend behind a rifle for her first time. I was very proud to see her get all the way out to 1200yrds with a 308. Thanks to all of you who were so kind and and helpful to her. Travis your a good man. Ill get some photos up here shortly.

mike[/b]
                    non paying shooters could shoot? my gf willingly came as well, she wanted to make her dad jealous by firing a couple shots......

Rob, hopefully next time i can have you as a spotter

Comment

[quote]
                      non paying shooters could shoot?[/b]

If you are talking about Mike's gf...how do you know he didn't pay for her? If I missed something in this thread just ignore my comment.
                      " May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" General George S.Patton

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

Not that it's anyone's bizness but me and Mike, but he did pay for him and his girlfriend.

If ya shoot ya pay!

Mike, she did great and looked to me that she had a great time as well. I ordered some Small, Medium and XXXL t-shirts, they'll be in later this week. I'll save a Small for ya.
                        www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Pictures are posted and linked here. Post is pinned so it will be in the upper section under the SP Gatherings forum.

http://snipersparadise.com/sniperchat/inde...st&p=191263

The 2009 pictures are also pinned and can be found here.

http://snipersparadise.com/sniperchat/inde...st&p=191265
                          "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

[quote]
                            Not that it's anyone's bizness but me and Mike, but he did pay for him and his girlfriend.

If ya shoot ya pay![/b]
                            got ya. thank you for clearing that up

Comment

so i have to ask.. its been 6 years since i have shot past 300 yards. is this range still open for use with this group?

Comment

Working...
                              X