This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a Shooter/Spotter Clinic to the 5/10 Rendezvous

I have been talking to Vern "Flea" Harrison, the owner of Central Virginia Tactical and hands down the best Precision Rifle Instructor it has ever been my privilege to meet, and we are going to offer a 1/2 day clinic on Friday, May 7, 2010.

This will be very similar to the class that Vern taught at the last Alleghany Sniper Challenge to great acclaim. The clinic will be taught by Vern and myself.

The Shooter/Spotter Clinic will focus on the Shooter/Spotter relationship, how to communicate and work as a team. A goodly portion of the clinic will be concerning reading and doping wind at long distances. Vern is by far the best Instructor I have ever met when it comes to reading and doping wind.

If you don't have a good Spotter, then you are severely hampered as a Shooter. It's a Team, and it takes Teamwork to bring home the bacon.

The clinic will start at 12 noon on Friday, May7, and run for approximately 5 hours. You will be working as Teams during this course. If you have a partner already, then that's great. If not, there are plenty of shooters there in the same boat that you can pair up with. If there is an odd-man-out, myself or Vern will pair up with them.

The cost of the clinic will be $75. If you have already paid for the shoot in May, and would like to attend the Shooter/Spotter Clinic, just let me know. I will let you wait until the day of the clinic to pay, if you wish. All others wanting to attend will need to pay in advance.

Semper Fi!
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Dang, Shep you make me sound so good, I want to meet me. LOL My friend it's an honor to stand next to you and teach with you. I believe this will be a great shoot.

Folks, whether you come to the train up or not the rendezvous is special. You get to shoot on a flat range with targets every 50 yards from 400 to 1400 yards. You want a chance to ring your rifle out and get real time dope, here it is. Also here's a chance to meet all the members you PM and post with. I've been around a few years and I can tell you there are no better folks than the people here at SP. "Meaning YOU"

With my health I'm not sure how many more rendezvous I can make. I'd like to be able to train with everyone but my days of walking are very limited. So here's a chance to come out and train with us as well. Shep, is a Marine Corps trained 8541 combat vet with 6 years as a "Jarhead". Another six years as a Law Enforcement SWAT sniper. Over half his life he's been training folks to shoot precision tactical long range rifles. He and I have worked together for the last five years honing his skills and mine to bring folks the best training we can deliver.

So here a chance to get a little training and help the website. "ALL", monies go to Snipersparadise.com not us. Neither of us will accept any money for this.

It would be an honor to train with all of you, so come if you can.

Take care, Vern
    "with the patience of an oyster....I watch and wait"

Training the US, one shooter at a time.

http://www.centralvirginiatactical.com

Comment

Folks,

I should tell you this will probably be my last trip to the Tn. rendezvous. The last two trips were very hard on me. I'm afraid I just don't ride well anymore. It would really be an honor for me to meet all the folks here at SP, so if you can make it this would mean a lot to me.

It would just be nice to put a face with the names. You know your still welcome to call or email anytime.

Now, being retired I'll have more time here at SP to write and share what I can remember of the last 58 years.

Thanks, Vern
      "with the patience of an oyster....I watch and wait"

Training the US, one shooter at a time.

http://www.centralvirginiatactical.com

Comment

I will be there, and I will be bringing a partner whatever it takes!

Thanks to both of you for the excellent opportunity, it is going to be a long wait till next year.

Guess I had better practice up in the mean time!

M Richardson
        "Old School" US Army 1986 - 1994
        Just Cause - Panama / Desert Storm - Persian Gulf / Restore Hope - Somalia

Currently doing something that involves a Disaster, Fire, Guns, or Medical Emergency!

Comment

I'm looking forward to it.
          www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Working...
          X