Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper's Paradise/Precision Applications, LLC Fall 2015 Rendezvous Nov 13-15

The Sniper's Paradise/Precision Applications, LLC Fall 2015 Fall Rendezvous will be held on November 13-15 at Legion OTG in Blakely, GA.

I will be conducting a Combat Carbine Teamwork Course on Friday, November 13, with the Long Range Shoot being held on Saturday and Sunday, November 14-15. More on the Combat Carbine Teamwork Course towards the bottom of this post.

We will have a wide selection of steel targets, out to approximately 2500yds. We will give you the dimensions and distance to each target, if you wish. Targets will be painted and maintained periodically throughout the day to keep them identifiable to the shooters. The minimum distance target is usually between 200-300 yards. We usually have in excess of 20 targets at various distances.

We will also maintain some Unknown Distance targets of known size, for folks that want to practice their ranging techniques.

There will be access to an additional range for folks that need to zero, or re-zero, their rifles at 100 yards. You can bring as many rifles as you like. Class III weapons and suppressors are welcome.

You are free to shoot at any targets you wish throughout both days. This is an excellent opportunity to get that good, long range dope on your equipment. With the shortage of civilian-accessible long distance ranges, this can be difficult to do. There is enough room on the firing line that you will be able to shoot non-stop, all day, if you wish.

This is a structured shoot, but not exactly a formal class. Myself and several other Instructors will be on hand to give you as much (or as little!) help as you need.

Suggested gear list:
    Rifle with ammo (no steel core, AP, incindiery or tracer rounds)
    Shooting mat
    Tent or shelter to shoot under
    Spotting scope
    Chair(s)
    Cleaning equipment and tools
    Cooler with snacks, water and non-alcoholic beverages

You will be able to drive right up to the firing line, so no need to lug your gear very far.

I will have all my tools and cleaning equipment on the range. If anyone needs any Armorer's assistance I will be available most times during both days, free of charge. Also, myself and several others will be available to assist in spotting and calling wind.

Cabins that sleep up to 2 folks are available on the premises for $80 per night, payable to me when you pay your entry fees. There is a shortage of lodgings nearby offsite. The nearest large town with a good selection of lodgings is Dothan, AL, about 36 miles away. There are a few small motels just outside the range in nearby Blakely GA.

The cost for the Rendezvous is $175 for one day, $300 for both. Military/LE/Public safety folks are $150 for one day, $250 for both. I accept checks, money orders, cash and PayPal (PayPal users add 3.5% to the total cost).

There will be a mandatory safety meeting for all attendees in front of the pro shop at 0800hrs EST Saturday and Sunday.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at shep@precision-applications.com, or (678) 523-7522. I hope to see y'all this spring.

COMBAT CARBINE TEAMWORK COURSE:

Starts at 0800hrs and runs until approximately 1700hrs.

Course fees are $200 per student, to be paid in advance. Your spot isn't reserved until payment is received.

Other than the warmups in the morning, all drills will be shot as a team. We will start off with 2-man teams, then progress to 4-man teams, at a minimum. Warmups will include some quick diagnoses of any problems you may have with your fundamentals.

Topics covered will include, but may not be limited to:
    Shooting while moving
    Team communications
    Covered movement
    Fire & maneuver
    Cover drills when dealing with reloads, malfunctions or weapon transitions
    Proper uses of cover/concealment with multiple operators
    Break contact
    "Man down" drills
    Reaction to a vehicle ambush

Gear list:
    Carbine with sling
    Handgun with holster, minimum 1 spare mag on your person
    600 rounds for the carbine (bring more if you have a "heavy trigger finger")
    50 rounds for the handgun
    Minimum of 2 carbine magazines on your person for reloads. I recommend at least 8 magazines total for the course.
    Eye and ear protection
    Hat with a front brim
    Plenty of water

Your particular gear is up to you; warbelts, vests, suspenders, etc. Body armor and/or helmets are welcome if you choose to wear them, as are suppressors. Your carbine and handgun both need to be sighted in and ready to go, we will not be zeroing.

You are welcome to come with a buddy for partnering. If not, we will partner you with another student who needs someone.

This course will be a very physical course. A lot of movement and rushes. Dress appropriately.

All LEO's will receive POST credit for all hours in attendance.

SEMPER FI!
    Last edited by cmshoot; 04-23-2015, 08:17 PM.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Is this Rendezvous still a "GO" ? I should be able to attend this time.
    "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

It's still a Go.

Quiet Riot Firearms will be on hand with a selection of goodies, to include suppressors.

Nightforce Optics will be attending with their new optics, as well as some prototypes they are working on. Nightforce is donating door prizes, to include apparel, rings, mounts etc.

Nightforce is also donating a certificate for 50% off an optic. I will have a little 1-shot competition for the certificate, using my DRD Tactical Kivaari .338 Lapua, as many runs as you wanna pay for, with 100% of the profits going to Carry The Load. Even if ya don't win, you'll get to shoot a .338 Lapua semi-auto......what's not to like!

Semper Fi!

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Great! Thanks.

Comment

NICE! ordering projectiles now
          "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Shep, is this still a "go?" Not wanting to air dirty laundry publicly or say anything that isn't true, but the word is that the range is closed indefinitely.
            ?Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
            General James Mattis, USMC

"It is easy to kill someone with a slash of a sword. It is hard to be impossible for others to cut down."
            Yagyu Munenori

"A man's got to have a code, a creed to live by."
            John Wayne

Comment

Appears they have closed according to others who shoot there regularly. Maybe they will allow this to take place seeing as Shep is no stranger.
              In God We Trust, All Others Make Bond.

Comment

I saw this on Legions FaceBook page from July 22:

"We are still alive. I have been getting a lot of inquires if we are still open. The answer is YES. Our Web site was hacked and completely crashed. If any one has any questions or want to book a event send to xxxxx@xxx.com"

Comment

Originally posted by JayCeeNC View Post
                  I saw this on Legions FaceBook page from July 22:

"We are still alive. I have been getting a lot of inquires if we are still open. The answer is YES. Our Web site was hacked and completely crashed. If any one has any questions or want to book a event send to xxxxx@xxx.com"
                  That's from July... according to another source, the High Power matches have been cancelled.

A guy who is involved in the 1000 yard matches initially posted this:

Bob,
                  Our club President said he had just talked to the CEO about the range being ready and the answer was it is good to go. There is a big Sniper match scheduled for the end of the month and our matches are scheduled through December. I'll see what I can find out.

Then later, after checking, posted this:

Match has been canceled.
                  Blakely facility is closed at this time.
                  The majority share holder is having financial issues, the power is off as of 9/1/15, employees told to stay home until further notice.

Geezzz... I hope no one is trying to sabotage the shooting events by spreading bogus lies and BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhntr6pt View Post
                    Match has been canceled.
                    Blakely facility is closed at this time.
                    The majority share holder is having financial issues, the power is off as of 9/1/15, employees told to stay home until further notice.
                    Maybe Shep can get us the real scoop.

Comment

I've been told we are still good to go, but that the guy running the place wanted to talk to me about it. I'll pass on any info I get as soon as I receive it.

Comment

Thanks, Shep.

Comment

Shep... if this has been resolved, what's the word on the cabins? I've had a schedule change and was thinking of attending.

Comment

It's all resolved and we are a "Go!".

I've got a bank of cabins reserved, you can get a cabin through me.

Comment

Hey, less than two weeks away!
                              Anybody else going, or is it just gonna be me and Shep??

Comment

Working...
                              X