Sniper's Paradise/Precision Applications, LLC Spring 2014 Rendezvous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper's Paradise/Precision Applications, LLC Spring 2014 Rendezvous

The Sniper's Paradise/Precision Applications, LLC Spring 2014 Rendezvous will be held on May 24-25 at Legion OTG (formerly AIM) in Blakely, GA.

This is a structured shoot, but not a competition or training event, although myself and numerous other Instructors will be on hand to lend assistance if needed.

We will have a wide selection of steel targets, out to at least 1600+ yards, and possibly as far as 1900+ yards. We will give you the dimensions and distance to each target, if you wish. Targets will be painted and maintained periodically throughout the day to keep them identifiable to the shooters. The minimum distance target is usually between 200-300 yards. We usually have in excess of 20 targets at various distances.

There will be access to an additional range for folks that need to zero, or re-zero, their rifles at 100 yards. You can bring as many rifles as you like. Class III weapons and suppressors are welcome.

You are free to shoot at any targets you wish throughout both days. This is an excellent opportunity to get that good, long range dope on your equipment. With the shortage of civilian-accessible long distance ranges, this can be difficult to do. There is enough room on the firing line that you will be able to shoot non-stop, all day, if you wish.

Suggested gear list:
    Rifle with ammo (no steel core, AP, incindiery or tracer rounds)
    Shooting mat
    Tent or shelter to shoot under
    Spotting scope
    Chair(s)
    Cleaning equipment and tools
    Cooler with snacks, water and non-alcoholic beverages

You will be able to drive right up to the firing line, so no need to lug your gear very far.

I will have all my tools and cleaning equipment on the range. If anyone needs any Armorer's assistance I will be available most times during both days, free of charge. Also, myself and several others will be available to assist in spotting and calling wind.

Cabins that sleep up to 2 folks are available on the premises for $80 per night, payable to me when you pay your entry fees. There is a shortage of lodgings nearby offsite. The nearest large town with a good selection of lodgings is Dothan, AL, about 36 miles away.

The cost for the Rendezvous is $175 for one day, $300 for both. Military/LE/Public safety folks are $150 for one day, $250 for both. I accept checks, money orders, cash and PayPal (PayPal users add 4% to the total cost).

There will be a mandatory safety meeting for all attendees in front of the pro shop at 0800hrs EST both mornings.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at shep@precision-applications.com, or (678) 523-7522. I hope to see y'all this spring.

Semper Fi!
    Rob Sheppard
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Put me down for a cabin ...May don't have an R..wonder how the oysters will be
    "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

No worries. When you contact me for settling up, we'll square the cabin away.

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Put me down for a definite "maybe."
        Not sure if I'll have a rifle by then or not.
        "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

My daughter can loan ya one of hers.

Comment

[quote]
            My daughter can loan ya one of hers.[/b]

If ya can pry it away from her

I got the drill boss...coming soon

"Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Planning on it.
              " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
              '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

[quote]
                My daughter can loan ya one of hers.[/b]
                Ha! Not sure I could shoot it as well as she does.
                "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

I'm in of course... I'll be driving down Thursday or Friday. Friday is my Bday, so y'all can shower me in gifts on your arrival.

Shep, log me in for a cabin. Not sure what others are doing, but I am in on one for sure.
                  CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

Plan for what CAN happen, not what HAS happened.
                  --CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
                  --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

[quote]
                    Friday is my Bday, so y'all can shower me in gifts on your arrival. .[/b]

I'll be sure to let them pile up between now and then

"Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

LOL
                      CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

Plan for what CAN happen, not what HAS happened.
                      --CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
                      --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Signed up for both days! Hope to have some quality loads for the 230 Bergers!
                        -
                        Formerly known as N15

Comment

Looks like they added something to the venue at OTC

https://www.facebook.com/LegionOTG/posts/10...tif_t=notify_me
                          "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

If you read the description, it specifically states LE and military on the shoot house. I'll ask them about it, if applicable it would be an option for future training.

I teach a course for civilians called "Residential Room Clearing and Active Shooter". I have it broken down into 3 blocks of 2 days each. Level 1 is all classroom and walk-throughs. Level 2 is force-on-force with Simunitions and/or Airsoft. Level 3 is live ammo on targets.

Comment

Working...
                              X