Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday class at the 2013 Fall Rendezvous.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday class at the 2013 Fall Rendezvous.

In conjunction with the Sniper's Paradise Rendezvous East on November 16-17, I will be conducting a Combat Carbine course on Friday, November 15. This training will be held at the same location as the Rendezvous; the American International Marksmanship Academy in Blakely, GA.

The class will start at 0800hrs and run until approximately 1600hrs. We will take a very short break for lunch, so bring something to eat and plenty of water.

Topics covered will include, but are not limited to:
    Shooting from numerous variations of standing, kneeling and prone, to include proper use of cover (firing from both sides, as well as over and under)
    Emergency and tactical reloads, as well as magazine exchanges
    Multiple threat engagement
    Threat engagement to the rear
    Shooting while moving
    Deployment from a vehicle as part of a team

In addition, we will be shooting several drills for time/score. This will give you numerous "yardsticks" that you can take away with you in order to practice on your own and measure improvement. At the end of the day, all students will have the opportunity to shoot the Tactical Carbine Course for score.

Gear list:
    Carbine with sling
    650 rounds of carbine ammunition
    Minimum of 2 carbine mags on your person, immediately available for reload. I recommend a minimum of 8 magazines, total
    Handgun with holster
    2 spare magazines for handgun, with mag pouch
    Eye & ear protection
    Hat with a front brim
    5 dummy rounds for your carbine

We will not be zeroing, so your carbine will need to be sighted in prior to the course.

I am limiting the class to 20 students. Payment is required in advance; your slot is not truly yours until payment has been received.

Cost for the course will be $125 plus $50 range fee, for a total of $175. I accept discrete PayPal (plus 4%), cash, check and MO.

Semper Fi!
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Heads up: if for some reason I cannot conduct vehicle deployment, this portion will be replaced with Down/Disabled techniques.

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Is DAD gonna have any 5.56 ammo available for this??? 5.56 is as scarce as hens teeth.....
      If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace.... Thomas Paine

We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all....
      Theodore Roosevelt

There's a lot of smart people in the military. We're not as dumb as
      everybody thinks, and we know how to do our job really well. If you're
      going to send us in there for war, then that's what you do. You just
      send us in there and let us do what we need to do. We'll get done and
      we'll get home, and it'll be over.
      Marcus Luttrell US Navy SEAL

I can beat someone to incapacitation with a pillow slip full of dead cats or a homemade battle axe and it?s just as legal so long as the use of force is justified.

Comment

DAD has a shit-ton of 5.56. Contact the shop and pay for it, they can bring it to the Rendezvous for ya.

Comment

[quote]
          DAD has a s*^&#t-ton of 5.56. Contact the shop and pay for it, they can bring it to the Rendezvous for ya.[/b]
          Cool, thanks!!! what are they stocking now-a-days??
          If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace.... Thomas Paine

We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all....
          Theodore Roosevelt

There's a lot of smart people in the military. We're not as dumb as
          everybody thinks, and we know how to do our job really well. If you're
          going to send us in there for war, then that's what you do. You just
          send us in there and let us do what we need to do. We'll get done and
          we'll get home, and it'll be over.
          Marcus Luttrell US Navy SEAL

I can beat someone to incapacitation with a pillow slip full of dead cats or a homemade battle axe and it?s just as legal so long as the use of force is justified.

Comment

They bought commercial Camdex presses and are loading it inhouse. Not sure what they are loading currently, depends on bullet availability. Last time I was up there it was 62grn, but they've also loaded 55grn FMJ and 52grn BTHP.

I've shot plenty of the 62grn load......shoots great.

Comment

Working...
            X