Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competition for sniper rifles in Malta Europe

Dear Friends

I am David came from the island of Malta, I own a assosiason of target shooting with pistol but know we are in the process to make new association for sniper refills only, this for us something new I need some help from here this site because all members here are professional in this kind of sport.

For a completion what caliber does you 308 or 223?

And from the opinion which is good as sniper refile the Reminton or the Accuracy International

And when be a completion what is the rage for a competsion long

Thank you hope here from

Kind Regards

David

David,

Welcome aboard, we're glad to have you here. Malta, a beautiful island if I may say so. I had the great privilege of making a visit there while I was in our Navy. Very nice people and a lovely geography.

To your points.

Caliber? Probably the most common is the .308, but the .223 is quite common in Law Enforcement circles. At least for duty calibers. The gamers are favoring the 6.5mm rounds, but that is strictly a competition thing.

Brand? Myself, I prefer a Savage. I would put an AI ahead of a Remington though.

Long Range defined? Long distance would be from 600 to 1000 yards in my opinion. But, given your geographical limitations, whatever you can get.

Another option that is gaining popularity is long distance .22 LR matches. Shooting at 200 yards with a .22 is quite similar to 1k with a .308.

Best Regards.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

[quote]
      David,

Welcome aboard, we're glad to have you here. Malta, a beautiful island if I may say so. I had the great privilege of making a visit there while I was in our Navy. Very nice people and a lovely geography.

To your points.

Caliber? Probably the most common is the .308, but the .223 is quite common in Law Enforcement circles. At least for duty calibers. The gamers are favoring the 6.5mm rounds, but that is strictly a competition thing.

Brand? Myself, I prefer a Savage. I would put an AI ahead of a Remington though.

Long Range defined? Long distance would be from 600 to 1000 yards in my opinion. But, given your geographical limitations, whatever you can get.

Another option that is gaining popularity is long distance .22 LR matches. Shooting at 200 yards with a .22 is quite similar to 1k with a .308.

Best Regards.

[/b]
      Thank you for replay my frend
      we are rely new in this kind of sport
      i thing in malta, we can have 500 to 600 yeards only
      my ask does you make any comptasions your self

Regards
      David

Comment

Hey Dave, welcome to SP! I'm with gunner on the savage. For the price and accuracy out of the box you can't beat'em. Never been to Malta. I've drank a coulpe of Malts though! As I digress, I know your questions will be answered.

Good Luck,
        Tank
        John 3:16
        "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 12:1-2
        Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. [2] Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Paradise. Never had the privilege of visiting Malta but wouldn't mind since I'm always between Italy and France. If you plan to organize a competition, do you want people from outside of Malta coming to compete? If yes, what are your laws concerning bringing rifles from outside? Do you guys have the European Firearms Passport? Do you allow semi-auto rifles? There are many popular calibers for "Sniper" rifles. Besides the 308, and 223 you mentioned, there is also the 300 win mag, and the scandinavians use the 6.5 and 338 Lapua mag. I hope you manage to organize something, because I will be the first one to sign up
          "Don't die wondering"

Comment

Working...
          X