Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finnish Sniper

HEy all.

Here is a lonely finnish sniper, well, thats a surprise, who is looking to hook up with sniper community. I'd love to find some one(s) to change ideas and tips and hopefully find a suitable sniper event wher I could take part in. No matter where it is, with my enormous governament salery I can go anywhere! Anyway, if you guys (or galr) can help me, i'd be quite a happy shooter! ANd btw. any one heard of the 'Lapua Sniper' competition or THE 'Simo Häyhä' sniper competition? Without any camparisson thay seen quite tough..

Well, get in touch.

Mike

Welcome aboard, Yuri!
    Plenty of folks here to chat with and exchange ideas.
    "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

Hy yuri76 on the baord we got sweedisch, french(few class F type comp) , brits (probably bisley comp).... so thought you may find europeens event ('Lapua Sniper' competition or THE 'Simo Häyhä' are knows) and be aware about all thoses ban stuffs.
      for the US thought all is in the tittle " paradise" !!!
      " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

I'm familiar with the Simo Hayha comp. From everything I've read it seems like a tough event.
        www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

I just got back from the Finn Sniper 2008 competition in Lohtaja Finnland. It used to be called the Lapua Sniper comp. I also went last year, and loved it. You guys have a great country. I have been looking into the Simo Hayha Comp for next year.
          "Don't die wondering"

Comment

Yes, there are 2 bigger comps here in Finland.
            Im in FinnSniper organization- though will be In Hayha 2008 comp too as an range officer.
            Our homepage is www.pohta.fi -Hayha comp is at www.takilta.fi

Must say- for a first timer, N15 did well in our comp! congrats!
            Will write full competition report with pics when i get time. Summer vacation is close...

P.S.
            Igor, in your description your weapon system is 1:1 to Finnish army new KIV2000 sniper system. Not too common combo outside army since Zeiss made only one limited lot.
            Also "JVA0360" cartridge you mention is particulary army ammunition- very hard to find or get, and not legally available any way for civils or even army active duty staff outside army areas.

Apologies if im wrong, but my BS alert went on...
            Would you mind telling me whats absolute maximum elevation in meters with that scope range knob?
            Its not in manuals or web...

Comment

Working...
            X