2008 Georgia State USPSA Championships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Georgia State USPSA Championships

Due to a pretty crazy schedule, I haven't shot a handgun in about 2 months. The GA State USPSA Championships were coming up on Saturday 10/25 and originally I wasn't planning on competing, due to being a bit rusty.

I took the day off on Friday 10/24 so that I could get some practice in before the match. I sat in the target shed on the range for 2.5hrs watching the rain pour down. Finally, I packed it up and went home. I loaded some mags with dummies and practiced draws and reloads.

I figured "What the hell, I'll shoot anyways". After all, it's only my ego that will take a beating, and it's pretty used to it by now.

We shot 10 stages: I was an embarassment in one, but I shot the other 9 exceedingly well, as good as I have ever shot. Smooth, fast and accurate. All in all, I had a clean shoot: no misses, No Shoots, or Procedurals.

The long and the short of it is, yours truly is the 2008 Georgia State USPSA Single Stack Champion.

Of course, I will now have to raise my Instructor fees and get a bigger hat to fit my head into.

I was using a lightly tuned Springfield Armory TRP with Chip McCormick Power Mags, Yost-Bonitz Professional sights and AlumaGrips with a TechWell. I used a CR Speed belt, with Comp-Tac mag pouches and a Blade Tech holster. A shout out to Georgia Arms for the .45ACP 185grn FMJ-HB ammo that I used. It's some great shooting stuff.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Congratulations Boss!

I think you may be out of luck finding a bigger hat though.

Seriously, great shooting buddy. It's an honor to have you knowing me.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Congratulations that's great. I think the rates should go up (not for us SP guys). Lets see some pics of the historic moment..well done.
      " May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" General George S.Patton

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

Congrats, that's quite an accomplishment!!
        "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

Congratulations!

+1 on Georgia Arms, I love their 38-40 loads. You guys rock.
          "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Congratulations!

James
            "Ever since I was a kid I've had snakes as pets. They're clean and quiet. You give them rodents and they give you pure, unconditional indifference." Carl Hiaasen

"The Constitution is NOT and instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

"War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner." ? Cormac McCarthy

Comment

<span style="font-family:Garamond">$this->unconvert_size(18, Outstinkinstanding Tufel!</span>)
              "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
              "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
              "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

Nice job. Who needs practice?
                Local 308, International Brotherhood of the Mil-Dot

Comment

Ooh Rah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Devil Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

Comment

Whoa Shep!

Were you shootin against the GA school for the blind again!!!!!!

Nice shooting Rob! Could not happen to a finer shooter/instructor!

Steve
                    "Cogito, ergo armatum sum: I think, therefore I am armed" Dave Grossman
                    "Be a Sheepdog".......R.A. Nable
                    ...It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others......
                    ?Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats?.
                    Henry Louis Mencken, American writer of the early 20th century, satirist, and cynic.

Comment

I think I was a Big Fish in a Small Pond!
                      www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Congrats, you can now change your screen name from CMSHOOT to CMSHOOTVERYWELL !

Awesome.

One of the great things about this forum it that its not moderated by people who pretend to be experts, it is moderated by people that actually are.

Comment

$this->unconvert_size(18, Congratulations Shep )

I guess you didn't need to go to the range anyway, all that muscle memory paid off.

Comment

Nice shooting Shep! You better stop letting your head get so big or airlines will start charging you an extra $25 to check that melon.
                            America deserves to know her heroes!

Comment

Shep.....Did your classification just get bumped up after winning the state match. We just had an update.
                              It's better to learn it now,on the range;rather than at night,in the rain,in the middle of a gunfight. "Pete Harbeck"

Speed is Fine,Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster. "Tod Litt"

Amateurs do it til they get it right. Professionals do it til they can't get it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X