Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whew....what's that smell....oh.....it's me............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whew....what's that smell....oh.....it's me............

Shot a special IPSC match today where all 6 stages were classifiers. Classifiers normally aren't my best types of course; I'm better at the run n' gun type stuff.

To put it mildly, I stunk to high heaven. Atrocious is too mild a word to describe my performance. I was assessed more penalty points in today's match then I have gotten in my past year of shooting all put together.

The good news is that I did not shoot myself or another competitor.

I did have one stage that I smoked, it should work out as a high A or low Master classifier score. I had one or two stages that were mediocre, on the rest of the stages, it was like someone else was inside my body shooting my gun. Whoever this someone was, he wasn't very smart, fast or accurate. He also apparently has vision problems and can't find the front sight, which is still on the front of the slide where it's always been. On one stage he double-tapped 6 targets instead of shooting them with one round each. That equates to 60 penalty points right there!

There's a match this Saturday; I'll need to perform an exorcism and get this non-shooting possessor out of my body before then!
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Sandbagger!!
    "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

The use of "GLASSES" maybe might help find the front sight.

Respectfully,
      Tank
      John 3:16
      "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 12:1-2
      Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. [2] Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Comment

I've got 20/20 or better vision (thanks to Lasik), so vision wasn't the problem. I could see just fine, just couldn't find it!

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

I have more of those days than I do good ones-- chalk it up to a bad day.
          "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."
          Leo Tolstoy

Comment

[quote]
            I have more of those days than I do good ones-- chalk it up to a bad day.[/b]
            Naw, +1 on the sandbagger. Even on a bad day he can still shoot. I don't believe his lame excuse for a second. He is just trying to justify it to himself, but we aren't fooled. He just doesn't want to step up to the A class yet. LOL
            In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

Comment

Well, match results are out and I didn't do quite as bad as I thought I did, or everyone else was stinkin' as well.

One of the classifiers I shot (CM-99-33 Times Two) was the best classifier run I have ever had. I shot an 87.0830% (time of 6.89sec, 3pts down), which is Master Class. Shot a couple of B classifiers and the rest stunk. Overall, it bumped my classification percentage in Single Stack up by adding 4% on it. Gets me a little closer to A. If I shoot well in the next 4 - 6 matches, I oughta hit A class. When I do, I'll hang up my Single Stack for awhile and shoot my 9mm P226 in Production til I reach A. Then it's my S&W 625 in Revolver Class til I hit A. Then I'll pick back up the SS and go for Master. Then it all starts again.

Comment

Sounds pretty ambitious if you ask me. I'm so jealous you have the time to do it. Do you reload or just purchase stuff shoot?
                John 3:16
                "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 12:1-2
                Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. [2] Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Comment

As of right now, I'm shooting Georgia Arms 185grn HB-RNFMJ factory reloads, but I've gathered all the components to reload myself. Just gotta get on it!

Comment

Makes me wonder if I should shoot my 1st IDPA match at Blackwater? Since I have never shot one before, the reason I want to do it is they are shooting it in one of Blackwaters shot houses, which I think is pretty cool. Got any tips for me, I will probably be shooting my 45ACP Kimber.

Comment

The key to being a great competitive shooter is to shoot really fast and don't miss. I'm still working on it myself!

Personally, I've found that the best way to get into it is to jump in and get your feet wet. Pick the brains of the good shooters. All the ones that I know don't mind helping out a tyro at all.

Comment

"it was like someone else was inside my body shooting my gun. Whoever this someone was, he wasn't very smart, fast or accurate. He also apparently has vision problems and can't find the front sight, which is still on the front of the slide where it's always been. On one stage he double-tapped 6 targets instead of shooting them with one round each. That equates to 60 penalty points right there!"[/b]
                        Joe must had found a way to use the force to take over Sheps body.

Comment

Shot another match today and did WAAAY better. Much happier with myself overall. Shot an A classifier, which bumped me up another 1% or so overall.

Comment

"it was like someone else was inside my body shooting my gun. Whoever this someone was, he wasn't very smart, fast or accurate. He also apparently has vision problems and can't find the front sight, which is still on the front of the slide where it's always been. On one stage he double-tapped 6 targets instead of shooting them with one round each. That equates to 60 penalty points right there!"[/b]
                            Joe must had found a way to use the force to take over Sheps body.
                            [/b]
                            He didn't shoot that bad.
                            "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."
                            Leo Tolstoy

Comment

Here's a video of the classifier, CM-99-33 Times Two, that I shot an 87.0830% percent on (that's Master Class). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmgJ4ASxDs4...feature=related

I shot it in 6.89 sec, down 3pts (9 A's, 3 C's). According to the title of the video, this guy's run was a 99% run (99% is Grand Master Class). I tried to time it on my stopwatch a few times, I think he was a little over 1 sec faster than my time, not sure what his hits were.

Comment

Working...
                              X