No announcement yet.

2008 Single Stack Nationals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck brother, we're all rootin for ya.....
    In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

Comment

Well, got back from Illinois last night. Had a great time, it was definitely a learning experience.

Rob Leatham took first (as usual!), Phil Strader was 2nd, Taran Butler was 3rd and Dave Sevigny was 4th.

I went with a good buddy of mine. The day before we left, his Springfield Trophy Match started puking, it was fail to feed at least 2x on every magazine. I showed up at the range and did a little extractor work. He then fired 48 rounds and it failed to feed 1x.

We got to Quincy, IL and checked into our hotel room. We stripped his pistol all the way apart, cleaned the snot out of it, lubed it with MD Labs XF-7, put a new ISMI 15lb recoil spring in it, new Shock Buff, and stripped the mags all the way down and cleaned them in hot, soapy water. As it turns out, he went through the entire match the following day without any malfunctions.

We shot 13 stages that varied from 6rds up to 24rds per stage. Most of the stages involved no movement, or short distance movement in a defined area. I had 1 Mike and my buddy had 1 Procedural, neither of us had any No Shoots. Not too bad for 13 stages at a National Comp.

My buddy came in 3rd in our class and I came in 4th. I trailed him by 1.82%. Ya don't get much closer than that!
      www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Congrats Brother....
        In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

Comment

Here are some pics. I'm the shooter in the black shirt with the leg tattoos, my buddy is in the tan shirt.
          Attached Files

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Looks like a great time, and you guys did pretty well.
            I shot IPSC stuff for about 6-7 years, every weekend I was at a match somewhere. Good times, good friends.
            "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

I have a friend that went his name is Jason Maples he shoots for the Az Border Patrol team. He said he did pretty bad as he had a lot of gun problems.
              As they say in the Movies. " Bring the Rain"

Comment

Hey Guys,
                Cool ! You know, my Grizzly is a single stack ...
                Respectfully,
                Harry
                PS
                Shep, I really like the tactical wing nuts
                "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
                "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
                "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

Well, you shouldn't have any problems making Major with a .45 WinMag!

I hated trying to adjust the tension on the pouches all the time, having to use an allen wrench. I didn't want to loctite 'em because I was afraid that the Kydex would expand/contract with the temperature. The wingnuts cost me something like $.70 each at Home Despot.

I saw the Border Patrol Team there, but didn't see any of them shoot. I talked to one of them, but he was out of New York.

Comment

[quote]
                    Shep, I really like the tactical wing nuts [/b]
                    Harry,

How tight did you have to zoom in on his butt to see those?!

Sorry [attachment=9719:thread_hijacked.gif]

Back to your scheduled topic.

Attached Files
                    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Damn I want to go to one of those. Looks like loads of fun.
                      "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Working...
                      X