2008 Single Stack Nationals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Single Stack Nationals

Anyone here plan on going? I've got to get some qualifiers in between now and then (it's April 24 - 27), but I'll be there competing.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

+1
    In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

Comment

Myself and a buddy of mine are going also, we shoot on Friday, first time for the both of us on the single stack classic, should be fun.

kenner

Comment

kenner, what Squad are you on?

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Shep,

I'm still on track to be there, it looks like my father is coming too. Look forward to hooking up.

V
          "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Great!

Comment

I don't even own a single stack------------------ I need all the rounds I can get...
              "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."
              Leo Tolstoy

Comment

What range(s) is this comp. shot at?
                "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

The competition is held at PASA Park, Illinois. Distance-wise, anything IPSC/USPSA-approved is the rule. I have shot at distances from arms-length out to 40 yards or more at matches.

Comment

Hm. I usually shoot at 15 yards. Of course my groups are sloppy and spread but all my bullets are accounted for.
                    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Hello cushoot;

I'm shooting on squad 5, how about you, see you there.

kenner

Comment

Kenner,

I'll be down on Friday as a cheerleader for Shep. I look forward to meeting you. I'll be the old fat bearded guy in the SP hat.
                        "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Too bad it's halfway across the country. I would love to go to one of these events.

Comment

I'm on Squad 7.

Comment

Well, made it to PASA Park and walked through the stages today to get a feel for them. Most of them are "stand and shoot" stages, with little or no movement, just stand and blast away. Those make for quick stages, but they're not my forte. I tend to do better on the "run n' gun" stages. All in all, they look interesting.

It's muddy as hell. That'll be interesting as well!

Comment

Working...
                              X