Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rimfire Team Challenge

Hola!

Here's something bit different: I suppose everyone knows what a practical style shoot off is. Imagine this with 28 plates + stop plate, 3 shooter teams, two 22lr pistols and a 22lr rifle. This competition was just kept for 10th time here in Finland.

Looks somewhat like this!
    Loose translations for the video: "Are shooters ready?" - countdown - start signal - stop signal - Result for the round.

So, there are these 10x12cm (about 4"x5") plates set on the range: 3 at 100m, 5 at 75m, 10 at 50m and 10 at 25m (109, 82, 54,5 and 27yds) also the the stop plate - roughly 4"x10" is at 25m. Idea is to drop all the 28 plates and finally the stop plate before your opponent does. Those stop plates fall crisscross so the winners plate is the one below. Each team contains 2 pistol/revolver shooters and one rifle shooter. Shooting stance is standing offhand with no supporting slings, tripods, monopods, shooting sticks or those thick shooting clothes - you know, stuff like that.

Pretty much the only limitations for guns in this competition besides the caliber are weight limits for semi-autos. 1,5kg for pistols and 4kg for rifles(3,31lbs & 8,82lbs).

During these competitions we first divide the teams in groups where they fight for the spot in second stage where losers drop out and winners continue on towards finals.

I don't know if this was an original idea for the folks that started this here or was it copied from somewhere else(maybe even centerfire version?). Anyways, if you get the chance to take part in this kinda competition or to organize it yourself - I highly recommend you do it.
    - Greetings, Kosanderi

Finnish Sniper Guild
    Big Bore Club
    Toiminta-ampujat

I keep trying to get this started here. I had a "Mini" three gun type match invisioned.
    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Sounds like fun. I shot a IPSC minirifle match earlier this year and that was ok. Combined with 22lr pistol match - I think that could make it even be better. But how would that shotgun work in this case?
      - Greetings, Kosanderi

Finnish Sniper Guild
      Big Bore Club
      Toiminta-ampujat

Comment

Working...
      X