Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia Now Allows Citizens to Concealed Carry

http://www.gunnews.com/russia-now-al...ncealed-carry/

MOSCOW, RUSSIA — We live in strange times and while doing my research this past weekend I came across a news story that made me feel like I was in an episode of the Twilight Zone. Mother Russia has decided to allow its citizens to carry firearms for self-defense purposes.

In the past, Russians could own firearms for hunting and sport only. This is the norm in most European nations when it comes to gun laws. Now, Vladimir Putin has decided that Russians will be allowed to defend themselves with firearms.

Russia has the 5th highest murder rate in the world. In 2009, there were 21,603 murders in Russia, while in the United States there were 13,636 with twice the population.

The crazy part is that the people and the government want people to be able to defend themselves from criminals, but more importantly from the police. Alexander Navalny, an opposition politician and strong firearms supporter, said the following:

“We have a huge homicide rate, most of these murders are unsolved, and many police officers are among the criminal,” Navalny continued,” In America, the argument works that there are professionals to protect us. Here, the police are the main criminals, and they’re armed.”

Unfortunately, this used to be the case in the United States, but we are seeing a change in the status that the police have in the eyes of the people and in the way that the police treat the citizens that they are sworn to protect and serve.

Maria Butina of the Russian Right to Bear Arms group understands exactly how concealed carry protects citizens: “A person may decide not to commit a crime if he thinks he may be shot or may encounter resistance.”

Russia will require citizens to have a license, which will need to be renewed every five years as well as complete firearms training courses.

Vladimir Putin has to be one of the most enigmatic leaders in the world today. I’m not sure what his motives are in allowing citizens to carry revolvers, pistols and shotguns to defend themselves. I would like to believe that he is concerned about the high crime rate, but with Putin, it is difficult to ascertain his true motives.

He did tell the Russia United People’s Front, “You can get a lot more done with politeness and a weapon than with politeness alone.”
    This will be an interesting development to follow. Having lived through the Cold War, I never thought I would see the day that the Russian people would be allowed to carry firearms for any purpose other than hunting. Times are changing, and I hope that this change in Russia lasts and the people there get to experience true freedom in the years to come.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Don't forget that they also passed laws against homosexuality and most recently laws against radical muslims. Putin is so maligned in the western press simply because he doesn't march in step with the globalist, UN crowd. If you look at his actions from a Russian perspective, then you can see something completely different. Putin acts in a manner that best serves his people and his country. He is a patriot, and I cannot fault him for that. The current level of mistrust and animosity that exists now between the west and Russia is by and large a product of western meddling. It doesn't help that Barry is carrying a huge chip on his shoulder ever since Putin actually provided a diplomatic solution in Syria. ( I think Barry really wanted to pull the trigger on that one. ) The thing is that the Russians don't want another empire, they just want a little respect, to be treated as an equal. That could have gone a very long way and the confrontations we face could have been rather easily avoided. For sure that won't happen in the current admin.

Comment

Laws in Russia... tsk tsk...

Like those would of mattered in any case... And Putin - you might actually think differently about the guy if you lived in a small country next to his domain.
      - Greetings, Kosanderi

Finnish Sniper Guild
      Big Bore Club
      Toiminta-ampujat

Comment

The mind set of Russian leadership can be summed up in the following Russian statement; ....laws and treaties are like pie crusts, they're meant to be used and then broken!...
        I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
        "Dogs best friend"
        "Every dog needs a friend"
        "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
        "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
        " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
        " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
        (All the above, Yours Truly
        The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

I find it interesting that Russia approved CCW for its citizens when multiple states here in the U.S. still prohibit it, or make it so difficult as to be nigh impossible.

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Having passed through the Soviet Uni...er...Russia not to long ago, I think the gulags there are full of law abiding citizens who's only right is to starve and die. The country itself is a criminal enterprise controlled by the Russian mafia who carry concealed, open, shotgun, machine gun what ever they want already. This morning I am sitting across from one of Russia's new best allies, North Korea, both are of the same Stalinist government, both police states both criminal states. LOL, if you think the average citizen will have a weapon you got something in your Cheerios other than oats Most of the police and military are run by that same gang of Russian mafia, BTW most are "ex" KGB like a certain buffoon that likes to ride around neeked from the waist up lol.

BTW, if you get to talk to a ccw permitted Russian citizen, ask him when the bastages are going to send those American B-29 electronics crewmen back they ARE STILL HOLDING from Korea 1952-53? death to Russia and it's cult of brutal goons!

Russian fact 101: Russia is not your friend, never was, never will be.

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin
            "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Spent some time in Moscow a few years back, on an "exchange program" with OMON. Was with those guys on and off duty. Interesting, to say the least.

Let's not confuse the Russian government with the Russian people.

Comment

Working...
              X