Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HB60 passed in Georgia

Amongst other things, HB60 does the following:

– Remove fingerprinting for renewal of Weapons Carry Licenses (WCL).
    - Prohibit the state from creating and maintaining a database of WCL holders.
    - Create an absolute defense for the legal use of deadly force in the face of a violent attack.
    - Remove the sweeping restrictions on legally carrying a firearm with a WCL in churches and bars, leaving this decision to private property owners (churches must “opt-in” to allow carry).
    - Lower the age to obtain a concealed WCL for self-defense from 21 to 18 for active duty military, with specific training.
    - Allows for the use of firearm sound suppressors while hunting.
    - Repeal the unnecessary and duplicative state-required license for a firearms dealer, instead requiring only a Federal Firearms License (FFL).
    - Prohibit a ban on firearms in public housing, ensuring that the right to self-defense should not be infringed based on where one calls home.
    - Codify the ability to legally carry, with a WCL, in sterile/non-secure areas of airports.
    - Include a provision that would have the state report those persons who have been involuntarily hospitalized or have been adjudicated mentally deficient to the NICS system while also providing an ability for relief through an application process to the court system for the purpose of restoration of rights.
    - State that under a declared state of emergency, all law-abiding gun owners will not have their Second Amendment rights restricted or infringed by executive authority through Emergency Powers protection.
    - Strengthen current firearms preemption statutes through further clarification of the regulatory authority of local governments, excluding firearm discharge ordinances.

Suck it, Texas!
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Wow! I like what I see.
    " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
    '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

SWEET!!!
      "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

If Ga. has a geographical area that is cold (i.e. 60 deg. max. high ) in the summer, I might consider making a move.
        I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
        "Dogs best friend"
        "Every dog needs a friend"
        "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
        "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
        " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
        " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
        (All the above, Yours Truly
        The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

No we don't, Bo. Please stay out of my Georgia.

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

So, are a youa sayen I'sa gotsta checks in with ina grations a fer I'sa ken pays a visit ta youall? Does I needs one them there vieesa thingys? How'sa bout ifen I'sa justa passen frough? Ain't no shoot on site poster out on me a yet is there? I thought asa Southern Citizen Isa had certain rats that allowified me free egress & ingress through out the grand and glorious land of the Southern States Of a merikahaha
            How'sa bout ifen you'sa got one of them there rondayvoyeur meeten dat uses guys hold every now and den, yeh a mean I'ma bannified from a commen?
            Where's da love BRO?????
            "Dogs best friend"
            "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
            " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"

Comment

I like what I see. We in Illinois have a long way to go before we see reasonable legislation like this.
              MILSPEC-Measured with a micrometer, Cut with an axe, Beat to fit, Painted to match.

Comment

Bo,
                Over the last 10 years we have already passed most of those provisions in VA. Ummm Now if we can keep our current Governor from fucking them up.
                CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

Plan for what CAN happen, not what HAS happened.
                --CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
                --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Nice, is there room for a gun totin' Californian in Georgia?

James
                  "Ever since I was a kid I've had snakes as pets. They're clean and quiet. You give them rodents and they give you pure, unconditional indifference." Carl Hiaasen

"The Constitution is NOT and instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

"War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner." ? Cormac McCarthy

Comment

[quote]
                    Bo,
                    Over the last 10 years we have already passed most of those provisions in VA. Ummm Now if we can keep our current Governor from f****** them up.[/b]
                    Yeah but Va. ain't gots da temprature requirements I'ma looken fer. As fer yourn Governor statement, you can alway trust a commie to accomplih that which he/she has set as their goals or make their enemies die trying.
                    "Dogs best friend"

Comment

[quote]
                      If Ga. has a geographical area that is cold (i.e. 60 deg. max. high ) in the summer, I might consider making a move.[/b]

maybe in some of the mountain caves in N. GA

"Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Da boss man of dis here site probably has a company of his militamen out rangen da A/O to prevent my ingress into those areas!
                        "Dogs best friend"

Comment

Update:
                          Our new law went into effect 7/1. Our city council is running around frantically trying to figure out how to keep legal firearm owners from carrying in government buildings, yet have no concerns about illegal carriers, and are trying to fund metal detectors at all entrances now.

Target has announced that they will be posting signs that legal firearm owners are not allowed to carry in their stores.
                          "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

In Georgia, signs posted at an otherwise legal location, stating that the management prohibits firearms carry, hold no legal weight. If you carry in there anyways, the management can ask you to leave. If you refuse to do so, you can be charged with criminal trespass (misdemeanor) but not a firearms charge.

Comment

I understand... but what I don't understand is the sudden need to purchase metal detectors and post signs now that legal firearm owners are now allowed to carry in their buildings when in the past it never concerned them that illegal owners were carrying in their buildings.
                              "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

Working...
                              X