Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oops...I...uhh...actually meant...err..umm...what were we talking about?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops...I...uhh...actually meant...err..umm...what were we talking about?

Biden Reveals Location of Secret VP Bunker

$this->unconvert_size(24, Biden Reveals Location of Secret VP Bunker</span>
    <span style="color:#000000">The vice president, well-known for his verbal gaffes, confirms at a dinner the existence and location of a secret hidden bunker that Cheney is believed to have used after the 9/11 attacks.
    By Jonathan Passantino

FOXNews.com

Monday, May 18, 2009

Vice President Joe Biden, well-known for his verbal gaffes, may have finally outdone himself, divulging potentially classified information meant to save the life of a sitting vice president.

According to a report, while recently attending the Gridiron Club dinner in Washington, an annual event where powerful politicians and media elite get a chance to cozy up to one another, Biden told his dinnermates about the existence of a secret bunker under the old U.S. Naval Observatory, which is now the home of the vice president.

The bunker is believed to be the secure, undisclosed location former Vice President Dick Cheney remained under protection in secret after the 9/11 attacks.

Eleanor Clift, Newsweek magazine's Washington contributing editor, said Biden revealed the location while filling in for President Obama at the dinner, who, along with Grover Cleveland, is the only president to skip the gathering.

According to Clift's report on the Newsweek blog, Biden "said a young naval officer giving him a tour of the residence showed him the hideaway, which is behind a massive steel door secured by an elaborate lock with a narrow connecting hallway lined with shelves filled with communications equipment."

Clift continued: "The officer explained that when Cheney was in lock down, this was where his most trusted aides were stationed, an image that Biden conveyed in a way that suggested we shouldn't be surprised that the policies that emerged were off the wall."

On Monday, Biden's press office issued a statement in response to this story, denying the bunker report.

"What the Vice President described in his comments was not -- as some press reports have suggested -- an underground facility, but rather, an upstairs workspace in the residence, which he understood was frequently used by Vice President Cheney and his aides," said Biden's spokesperson Elizabeth Alexander. "That workspace was converted into an upstairs guestroom when the Bidens moved into the residence. There was no disclosure of classified information."

In December 2002, neighbors complained of loud construction work being done at the Naval Observatory, which has been used as a residence by vice presidents since 1974.

The upset neighbors were sent a letter by the observatory's superintendent, calling the work "sensitive in nature" and "classified" and that it was urgent it be completed "on a highly accelerated schedule."

Residents said they believed workers were digging deep into the ground, which would support Biden's report of a secret bunker, but officials never confirmed the purpose of the work performed.

The revelation is the latest from Biden, who has a long history of political blunders.

Most recently, he said in a televised interview that if a family member asked him about traveling he'd advise staying away from public transportation or confined spaces to avoid swine flu -- a remark described as "borderline fearmongering" by an airline spokesman.
    )[/b]
    "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
    "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Good grief. And the libs ripped Dan Quayle and Bush apart for every little thing they said. Now we've got a president who can't speak without a teleprompter and even then he's at the mercy of the guys loading the scripts on there. God forbid they load up the wrong one, he'll never notice. And now we've got Joe "The Human Gaffe Machine" Biden. Awesome.

America deserves to know her heroes!

Comment

Nate:
      I agree that the press treated Bush unfairly, but Quayle was a complete nincompoop. At a JPL meeting, he told an audience of planetary scientists words to the effect that "We have detected water on Mars. If there is water, there is oxygen. If there is oxygen, we can breathe". Oooookay, Danny, you can be the first one to take your helmet off on the surface . I was personally at an American Astronomical Society meeting that he addressed in DC. It was clear to me that the podium was smarter than he was....

Cheers,
      --Hawk
      There are few problems a well-placed 308 cannot cure. --- Hawk

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the War Room! --- President Merkin Muffley in Dr. Strangelove

Rocket Science is much more fun when you actually have rockets! --- USN Recruiting Commercial

A little revolution now and then is a good thing --- Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen an end to war --- Plato

"In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine & Berkeley, Patty Hurst, heard the burst, of Roland's Thompson gun & bought it!!!" --- The Late Warren Zevon, Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner

In the 1500's, the Roman Catholic Church sold indulgences to forgive sin. In the 21st century, we call these carbon offsets. ---Hawk

�Fight like a man, so you will not have to die like a dog� --- Calico Jack Rackham's Mistress

Comment

[quote]
        Nate:
        I agree that the press treated Bush unfairly, but Quayle was a complete nincompoop. At a JPL meeting, he told an audience of planetary scientists words to the effect that "We have detected water on Mars. If there is water, there is oxygen. If there is oxygen, we can breathe". Oooookay, Danny, you can be the first one to take your helmet off on the surface . I was personally at an American Astronomical Society meeting that he addressed in DC. It was clear to me that the podium was smarter than he was....

Cheers,
        --Hawk[/b]
        Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Quayle was an astrophysicist because he most definitely was not. He was probably even a total nincompoop as you so eloquently said, but the lack of media crucifixions of Zero and his gaffe machine side kick was more my point. String 'em up if they deserve it, but string them up on both sides with equal fervor and intensity.

PS - Podiums can be smart. Apparently so can teleprompters.

Comment

The irony is that he (Biden) gave up his own security.

Comment

[quote]
            The irony is that he (Biden) gave up his own security.[/b]
            He probably didn't like the joint and wanted some new digs. He just figured the taxpayers wouldn't want to spring for a new place for no good reason. Now they've got one .. he's an idiot.

Comment

[quote]
              Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Quayle was an astrophysicist because he most definitely was not. He was probably even a total nincompoop as you so eloquently said, but the lack of media crucifixions of Zero and his gaffe machine side kick was more my point. String 'em up if they deserve it, but string them up on both sides with equal fervor and intensity. [/b]
              I agree, and have been carefully watching to see if there will be a slew of "Obamaisms" and "Bidenisms" calendars as there were with Bush & Cheney.

PS - Podiums can be smart. Apparently so can teleprompters. [/b]
              Yep, they sure can be

Cheers,
              --Hawk
              There are few problems a well-placed 308 cannot cure. --- Hawk

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the War Room! --- President Merkin Muffley in Dr. Strangelove

Rocket Science is much more fun when you actually have rockets! --- USN Recruiting Commercial

A little revolution now and then is a good thing --- Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen an end to war --- Plato

"In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine & Berkeley, Patty Hurst, heard the burst, of Roland's Thompson gun & bought it!!!" --- The Late Warren Zevon, Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner

In the 1500's, the Roman Catholic Church sold indulgences to forgive sin. In the 21st century, we call these carbon offsets. ---Hawk

�Fight like a man, so you will not have to die like a dog� --- Calico Jack Rackham's Mistress

Comment

Biden = Proof that you can attain celebrity status even though you're brain dead.
                "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

[quote]
                  Biden = Proof that you can attain celebrity status even though you're brain dead.[/b]

I'm waiting for Sheriff Joe beer and him pissing on runways...the guy's a walking time bomb.
                  " May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" General George S.Patton

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

Eleanor Clift, Newsweek magazine's Washington contributing editor, said Biden revealed the location while filling in for President Obama at the dinner, who, along with Grover Cleveland, is the only president to skip the gathering.[/b]
                    He skipped the Medal of Honor celebration on his inauguration night and now this. Does he ever go to anything he's supposed to go too? Or does he skip those and go to things that don't matter?

He was probably having a meeting with Al Qaeda about why the Swine Flu isn't spreading as quickly as they'd liked and Biden screwed up that too (hope the suits don't read this).
                    "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

The Party of Maroons lives! If this wasn't real life this would make "the Gang that couldn't shoot straight" look like a drama movie! What a heaping pile of bull crap the left is.

We need Reid in his KKK sheet with eye holes prancing around, chasing Barney the pink bunny. Off to the side lil Nancy proclaiming she knew nothing about any of this. What a bunch of freakin' loosers. Seems the left is just as wacky as their supporters in the Che T shirts...er...crap...we're in real trouble with this pack of lunitics in power! With the "MESSIAH's" ride scaring NYC to stampede (and as CIC he's responcible for that blunder), Biden tellin all about the used to be safe bunker, Lil Nancy suffering from dementia and senility, Rangle and his tax problems,...well all the Maroon party cheating on taxes... The "MESSIAH" sucking cocain and smokin' weed...hey if you can't stop smoking cigs how do you have the will power to stop crack? He sure looks high at times when he's not bragging about how wonderful he is.

Take cover...Jim
                      "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Working...
                      X