X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You heard about the Navy Marksmen,

Date: Sunday, April 19, 2009 7:08 AM

Obama's Decision Making

from a connected friend... BHO is the prez....

This has been forwarded through several channels, purportedly with contacts in the Naval Special Warfare community. I cannot vouch for its authenticity, but it makes for an interesting read. You can pretty much judge for yourselves any element of truth in the recounting of the recent events off the coast of Somalia.

************************************************** **************************************************
    Having spoken to some SEAL pals here in Virginia Beach yesterday and asking why this thing dragged out for 4 days, I got the following:

1. BHO wouldn't authorize the DEVGRU/NSWC SEAL teams to the scene for 36 hours going against OSC (on scene commander) recommendation.
    2. Once they arrived, BHO imposed restrictions on their ROE that they couldn't do anything unless the hostage's life was in "imminent" danger
    3. The first time the hostage jumped, the SEALS had the raggies all sighted in, but could not fire due to ROE restriction.
    4. When the navy RIB came under fire as it approached with supplies, no fire was returned due to ROE restrictions. As the raggies were shooting at the RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat), they were exposed and the SEALS had them all dialed in.
    5. BHO specifically denied two rescue plans developed by the Bainbridge CAPT and SEAL teams
    6. Bainbridge CAPT and SEAL team CDR finally decide they have the OpArea and OSC authority to solely determine risk to hostage. 4 hours later, 3 dead raggies
    7. BHO immediately claims credit for his "daring and decisive" behavior. As usual with him, it's BS.

So per our last email thread, I'm downgrading Obama's performance to D-. Only reason it's not an F is that the hostage survived.

Read the following allegedly accurate account.

Philips' first leap into the warm, dark water of the Indian Ocean hadn't worked out well. With the Bainbridge in range and a rescue by his country's Navy possible, Philips threw himself off of his lifeboat prison, enabling Navy shooters onboard the destroyer a clear shot at his captors - and none was taken.

The guidance from National Command Authority - the president of the United States, Barack Obama - had been clear: a peaceful solution was the only acceptable outcome to this standoff unless the hostage's life was in clear, extreme danger.

The next day, a small Navy boat approaching the floating raft was fired on by the Somali pirates - and again no fire was returned and no pirates killed. This was again due to the cautious stance assumed by Navy personnel thanks to the combination of a lack of clear guidance from Washington and a mandate from the commander in chief's staff not to act until Obama, a man with no background of dealing with such issues and no track record of decisiveness, decided that any outcome other than a "peaceful solution" would be acceptable.

After taking fire from the Somali kidnappers again Saturday night, the on scene commander decided he'd had enough.

Keeping his authority to act in the case of a clear and present danger to the hostage's life and having heard nothing from Washington since yet another request to mount a rescue operation had been denied the day before, the Navy officer - unnamed in all media reports to date - decided the AK-47 one captor had leveled at Philips' back was a threat to the hostage's life and ordered the NSWC team to take their shots.

Three rounds down range later, all three brigands became enemy KIA and Philips was safe.

There is upside, downside, and spin to the series of events over the last week that culminated in yesterday's dramatic rescue of an American hostage.

Almost immediately following word of the rescue, the Obama administration and its supporters claimed victory against pirates in the Indian Ocean. They declared the dramatic end to the standoff put an end to questions of the inexperienced president's toughness and decisiveness.

Despite the Obama administration's (and its supporters) attempt to spin yesterday's success as a result of bold, decisive leadership by the inexperienced president, the reality is nothing of the sort. What should have been a standoff lasting only hours - as long as it took the USS Bainbridge and its team of NSWC operators to steam to the location - became
    an embarrassing four day and counting standoff between a ragtag handful of criminals with rifles and a U.S. Navy warship.
    Outcome acceptable.....Process deplorable.
    "Cogito, ergo armatum sum: I think, therefore I am armed" Dave Grossman
    "Be a Sheepdog".......R.A. Nable
    ...It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others......
    ?Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats?.
    Henry Louis Mencken, American writer of the early 20th century, satirist, and cynic.

I've seen that as well, but nobody can verify it.
    That said, I wouldn't doubt that this is exactly what happened.
    "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

You will never get this verified, it just doesn't work like that.

But, this does sound true. That is just what I would have imagined.
      "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Sounds about right.
        "Ever since I was a kid I've had snakes as pets. They're clean and quiet. You give them rodents and they give you pure, unconditional indifference." Carl Hiaasen

"The Constitution is NOT and instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

"War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner." ? Cormac McCarthy

Comment

[quote]
          I've seen that as well, but nobody can verify it.
          That said, I wouldn't doubt that this is exactly what happened.[/b]
          +1
          "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
          "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
          "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

i wonder if the CDR of the bainbridge will "retire" soon? they normally dont last long when someone else takes credit for this kind of thing.

Comment

All in all boys, its only a few years. I'm as upset as anyone that we didnt just take care of it as fast as possible, but we got through Bill Jeff Clinton, who was much smarter, and we will get through our current CINC. He's the Pres...I try (hard as hell) to not lower myself to the level of the left and say things like Obama = hi**er (** to avoid search engines, added by yours truly) or "he's not my president"...etc etc. we're America, we always get through the tough stuff. Cheers.

And dont forget whats Important! Our SEALS acted with in the rules set on them, waited, and when ROE gave them the chance they took it. The definition of Professionalism. Great Sailors IMHO.

T
              -- An AR-15, a good, loyal guard dog, and a nymphomaniac that runs a liquor store. The simple life.

-- All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

--Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

+1
                In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

Comment

Working...
                X