Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

un-American ? or is that just less Amerocentric ? Thinking outside the US borders in a positive fashion would be a good thing. If it's one thing that Americans are accused of consistently it's ignorant arrogance. Unless something outside the US borders affects the USA, they aren't interested. The USA as a more aware and careful world citizen would be a big step forward. The national myopia of the US borders on criminal.

Lets face it, China is the worlds fourth biggest economy. India isn't far behind. Both have Nukes. Give them a decade or two and it will be numbers one and two. It stands to reason that their respective militarys will follow suit. Either the USA learns to play much nicer and rides less roughshod over everyone else, or it will eventually end up with its a** handed to it, in a very ugly war, even ACCs can be sunk and even the USA can run out of hardware, then its down to sheer numbers, where the US loses big time.

The US is declining by inches and I'd say the transition to a nation with more humility and genuine diplomacy will be a tough one. Gentrification wont come easily to Uncle Sam. He's too used to solving things with fists. He's going to have to develop some more social skills to survive. The Brits would be a good example of what is likely to be a US future, perhaps the Portuguese before that . IF of course, he can pull his big boofy head in.

Obama is a diplomat. He's wired for it. Whatever compromises he makes to/with the US identity will no doubt be good for the US in the long term.

We'll just have to hope he's not stupid enough to screw with the 2nd Ammendment and a few other cherished elements of the USA.

Provided the USA doesn't end up with an aging, hotheaded quarterback trying to relive his youth kicking a** and taking names and finding his legs and his throwing arm aren't as good as he remembers, like McCain... you guys should be ok. Otherwise, the really, really big Chinese and Indian Defensive Lines will chew him... and the rest of the US team into dogfood. ESTP's are like that... you probably know some in your circle of friends, the die hard guys with fragile egos, wanting to stay hard and powerful, well past their sell by. If McCain does get in, I hope like hell someone will keep him on a short leash and doesn't let him get into some sort of impulsive mess like the last guy.

Don't get me wrong fellas, I've got a lot of time for the USA and the way the majority of it works. Doesn't mean I'm not going to critical of the bits that I see as dodgy.

By the by, Australia has more than enough issues too, just in different areas.

Comment

I'm sorry, but dealing with foreign powers from a basis of "humility and understanding" is never the way to go. It leads to problems in the long run.

Clinton is a prime example. He dealt with everyone on an eye-to-eye basis, giving everyone a chance, trying not to push our weight around. He wanted to be touchie-feelie with everyone. That sort of diplomacy made American look weak and easily undermined. It directly paved the way for the events of 9-11. Following 8 years of Clinton, terrorists never thought that America had the resolve to fight back the way we have been doing. They were thinking more of Clinton's Somalia (I was there, so I know what I'm talking about) than Bush's Iraq/Afghanistan.

I don't want a diplomat for President. That's what we have diplomats for. I want a President that won't take any s*^&#t, will protect Americans and American interests abroad, and will aggressively defend any slight against the US. That's what makes a country strong, not sucking the a** of any 3rd World nut job cuz he has a large miliary or nukes.

Israel is a prime example. They don't like Iran's nuclear program, they bomb it back into the dust it came from. No more nukes in Iran for a while. Iran is building nukes again? "Jacob, fire up the F16's, we have another mission!"

I'm not trying to bad mouth Australia, I've been there and like it a lot. We have many Aussie members here that are great folks. But, Australia never has been and never will be a Superpower. You sit Down Under typing opinions on the US's world relations and our Presidential race and act as if you are the voice of reason or some such trash. Your opinion of US policies and politics don't mean squat. You're not an American, you have no idea what it means to be an American, and you have no part in our voting process.

I travel around the world and notice how much interest the world takes in US politics. They take interest in US politics because we have such a great influence on world events, more so than any other country. I can't remember the last time that I saw PM Kevin Rudd's name connected with a major, mult-national, world-encompassing undertaking. If he was, the major global news outlets failed to cover it. Wonder why? Can it be that they don't find him to be very important, in the grand scheme of things?

I've also noticed in most countries I go to, they usually like the Democratic or Liberal candidates or politicians that the US is cursed with. Why? Because they are bad for the health and strength of America. Most folks around the world are jealous of our way life and the power that we have. Like you, they want to see us brought down a notch, to get our comeuppance. The greatest chance of this happening is with one of our current crop of Liberal Democrats in office. A Republican with a military background will only strengthen the US, and has the resolve to do the right, hard thing. Y'all don't want to see that. You want to see our arrogant faces in the dirt.

Just keep typing and wishing. We'll just keep being myopic, like we were in WWI, WWII (hey, didn't we man and help defend Aussie territory in that one?), the current War on Terror and innumeral disaster relief operations around the world. Personally, my myopia made it hard to read the writing on all the relief supplies I helped to hand out around the world as a US Marine.
      www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Spooky -- But I do not think when the votes are in that he will stand a chance -- conservative voters WILL BE OUT IN mass in November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nuff Said, Red
        The older I get the less I know!!!!

Comment

[quote]
          Blah...blah...blah...Your poor little self righteous Neanderthals obviously need the enlightenment that only my superior insight can lend...[/b]
          Saeble,
          You are quite clearly on the wrong site...Please, don't go away angry...Just go away...
          Respectfully,
          Harry
          "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
          "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
          "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

Saeble, we're an American site. We're based in the US and all of our Mods except one are present or former US military members. As military men, we are used to running around the globe to lend a helping hand to every little country that cannot do it for themselves. Yes, for the most part we have egos and a sense of self-worth. Of course, due to the fact that we have stomped much @ss and brought home much glory, we feel that we deserve it.

Yes, we have many members from many different countries, the vast majority of them great guys who contribute to the wealth of knowledge to be found on SP. You, however, do not seem to be one of our welcome brethren from across the waters/border. You obviously have an extreme Liberal bias, you stir the pot for the sheer enjoyment of stirring the pot, and are anti-American to boot. You obviously hate America and are jealous of our freedoms and style of life.

American didn't get where it is from "Gentrification". We got there by standing up for ourselves and our Allies. By helping those that are worthy of our help. By not listening to the putrid fecal matter torrenting from the sh!t-cannon of every worthless little nothing like you.

You are not an American; you do not participate in our electoral process, nor can you. Fix your own country before you turn your attention to ours. We can take care of our own problems, thank you.

This is a privately owned and operated website. As such, I can dictate the rules as I see fit. I'm going to take my thick, hairy-knuckled Neanderthal fingers on this keyboard, hit the appropriate keys, and Ban your Liberal-loving, pot-stirring, Obama-kissing, irrelevant, pansy a** from SP, for the good of all our members.

We don't like folks that stir the pot for the enjoyment of such. We have Banned them in the past and will continue to do so.

As patriotic Americans, we don't like anti-Americans from a country whose citizens don't enjoy the same wealth of freedoms that we have coming over here and telling us how our business should be run.

I'm sure that in your own little pathetic world you will look at getting Banned as a victory on your part. If that's what it takes to make it through another day in your mean little life, then have at it. I am not Banning you due to your views; I am Banning you because you are nothing but trouble. I do not run this site because I like fighting and arguing with members. I run this site to help spread information about The Art of the Precision Rifle. It is an enjoyment for me, and I do not want it spoiled by squabbling little pests such as yourself.

For some reason, I have the feeling that the Aussie members that have been here for quite some time want to see you gone even more than I do. You give good guys like them a bad name.

www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

[quote]
              un-American ? or is that just less Amerocentric ? Thinking outside the US borders in a positive fashion would be a good thing. If it's one thing that Americans are accused of consistently it's ignorant arrogance. Unless something outside the US borders affects the USA, they aren't interested. The USA as a more aware and careful world citizen would be a big step forward. The national myopia of the US borders on criminal.[/b]
              Come arrest me.........I'm an American............I must be guilty of whatever Liberal rose colored view you have of the world that myself and my fellow Americans have violated.

I will gladly offer my home address if you would like to PM me for it................I will even purchase you a plane ticket.

Otherwise piss off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HANLEY

Comment

[quote]
                <div class='quotemain'>un-American ? or is that just less Amerocentric ? Thinking outside the US borders in a positive fashion would be a good thing. If it's one thing that Americans are accused of consistently it's ignorant arrogance. Unless something outside the US borders affects the USA, they aren't interested. The USA as a more aware and careful world citizen would be a big step forward. The national myopia of the US borders on criminal.[/b]
                Come arrest me.........I'm an American............I must be guilty of whatever Liberal rose colored view you have of the world that myself and my fellow Americans have violated.

I will gladly offer my home address if you would like to PM me for it................I will even purchase you a plane ticket.

Otherwise piss off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HANLEY
                [/b]
                J,

How do you really feel?
                "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Anyone ever read this guy's stuff?????? William Johnstone.
                  Im reading the first book in his Ashes series. I have read 4,5,6,7. Didnt get the first one until yesterday.
                  It has somethings in it that is similar to whats goin on now. To me it does anyway.
                  Sad sad days are ahead kids. Back the bags.
                  No man knows how bad he is, until he has tried very hard to be good.
                  C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                  X