UPDATE 4 DECEMBER, 2014, 0510 KST THURSDAY:PART 2 1200 KST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Vince;

That is very true, "The Blind Mice" all came out of the darkness to a bright future. We have a new home, and new reasons to go on.

Congratulations! Glad to see your new family addition, friend! I hope one day we can get a drink together at The Imjin Pub.

Take care, friend...Dutch & Soo-jin
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

• UPDATE 21 NOVEMBER 2014, 0540 KST FRIDAY:

43F and hazy this morning in Paju, a quiet night and stand to. Today we will be heading south for the holiday, due back 1 December. We will make updates as able. The "Little airplane" is ready to go, we will have our combined grandkids, Dutch Jr. Richard and Yun-hee on board this afternoon for the trip down to Jeju. My family will be there Monday as will Soo-jin's for The week.

After many years the SWC has changed it's song. Women have served in the SWC for years and wear "The Black Beret", so the change has been made out of respect for our sisters serving...A salute to the ladies of The Black Beret!

North Korea has been ready for a nuclear test for awhile now, but no signs show it is close at hand...two tunnels are ready at this time...

US and ROK intelligence are watching the North's nuclear program, closely...it continues making weapons grade material as we speak...

Kim Bo-gyung has the weather for Korea...good flying weather

More news later if needed.

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin
      "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

• UPDATE 21 NOVEMBER 2014, 1245 KST FRIDAY:PART 2

We've made it to 55F here in Paju with scattered clouds, good flying weather this afternoon The crew is finishing up the checks and getting the "little airplane" ready for the fight south to Jeju. Hopefully North Korea will cooperate and refrain from any provocations during the holiday.

But North Korea is threatening over the UN resolution...you do not want to anger my sweet lady

US and ROK response to the threat...and tensions rise again

North and South are building up military resources in the west and island areas...tensions are at the breaking point right now and will be...

Lee Jee-hyun has the weather for Korea....not to bad...

Just one question, how come you are not here?
        [attachment=17172:Hitomi_F...0814_047.jpg]

We will update when we get time over the holiday week. We both wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving filled with peace and happiness.

We will be wheels up at app. 1600 KST and at home on Jeju by 1800 KST Have a good one all! To get you into the feeling of the island here is SISTAR singing LOVING U...Have a good one!

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin
        Attached Files

Comment

• UPDATE 25 NOVEMBER 2014, 0930 KST TUESDAY:

This morning it's 55F and a bit of light rain on Jeju, we are supposed to get to around 65F today. The family is all here now, my daughters from Colorado and all of Soo-jin's, we have an almost full house lol. Soo-jin and the ladies are already baking and cooking for Thursday.

North Korea is making some threats to nuke an individual ...my oh my....

Well, seems North Korea is TESTING submarine launched ICBMs, hey ya all listen to the folks on the ground...makes more sense than you wonky seers...

Just in case you think things have been quiet ...yeah not lately GI, ne!

China asks for restraint...ease tensions...stop it, dammit lol...

But North Korea sez....we hate you long time wascerry wunning dog, mofos...

Lee Jee-hyun has today's weather for Korea...looking good..weather not so...

My granddaughter and her new cousins told me to add this A Pink video. It has their seal of "it's cool" so her is A Pink singing LUV...brand new, and not bad lol...

The Combined Ditch Family wishes you all a Happy Thanksgiving!

Take care...Jim, Soo-jin and the entire family and friends...

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving to you as well my friend. Be safe, enjoy the down time.
            "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

• UPDATE 26 NOVEMBER 2014, 1425 KST WEDS:

It is cloudy and at app. 55F. today on Jeju. We have more guests coming in this evening and the house and guest house will be filled lol. Should be a holiday! We enjoy a full house of family and friends. A couple of the ladies are in Jeju City up north getting some last minute goodies for tomorrows dinner and will be picking up folks at Jeju International, lol, Chinese nationals still can't drive legally here, go figure...yeah, then I remember traffic in Beijing We will have military and families from six nations present, one though confuses the issue, lol! he's an IDF officer from New York lol, so which counts, kind of like the "Blind Mice" are now This years Thanksgiving sure has gotten out of hand, we have a caterer, live entertainment, and, ta da, a staff to help out The next three days will be some to remember lol!

Again, I do not want to say I TOLD YOU SO, but. I DID! Iran and North Korea have shared missile and nuclear technology, to go further Kerry is beating a dead horse with his "talks" with Iran, hey John!!! They already got the bomb old boy, got it from the fat man and they are all laughing at you...SUPRISE!!!!

North Koreans 'protested" the UN resolution condemning the DPRK's human rights problems...and were immediately fed to the dogs at Camp 16

Kim Jong-un went into a fit today and yelling "What da heel! den South bandits got Laptors!!! I see it on news!!! ...why clarify for him, maybe he'll pop a blood vessel...

Here is a bit more on the North Korean submarine launched missile program. The video has some interesting scenmes of submarines and a fat man crawling through them too...again, I told yo...never mind...

Lee Jee-hyun has today's rainy weather for Jeju and Korea...we know, but it will get nice lol...

So anyone want some coffee? If you are not on Jeju...Why not???
              [attachment=17175:Coffe.jpg]

From all the gang here on Jeju we wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Take care...Jim, Soo-jin, Dutch jr., and all the family and friends on the south part of Freedom's Frontier

Attached Files

Comment

• UPDATE 29 NOVEMBER 2014, 1120 KST SATURDAY:

Partly cloudy and near 60F. today on Jeju, life is good...until Monday morning when we head back to the wire and Paju at the forward edge of Freedom's Frontier. At Thanksgiving dinner and after Soo-jin and I decided it was nice being grandparents and we both hope that soon that will be our only career, no more flights to the north. I guess you think like that when sitting on the couch together with only the fireplace lighting the room.

Today only some good news, so this will be a short update

Seems "Black Friday" has reached Korea, yes, the ladies were downtown yesterday and the air was filled with the smell of burning plastic...and they found tons of "bargains"...

here are a couple of Jeju's hidden treasures, our new home is like paradise...we hope we will not have to leave again soon...

There is still a lot of the "old" jeju here...jeju is also called "The Island of Peace"...

Here is a scenic drive on Jeju, we take this road regularly when company is staying. It is not far from our home here...The Sangban valley is where the series Tamara Island was set...

Korean "farmer music" has been placed on the UNESCO Heritage list...we enjoy the old trafitional music very much...

We enjoy all the folk music and dance, this is one of our favorite drum dances. Tonight as part of our entertainment will we have a drum dance and others for our guests...we hope you will enjoy this...

For those who missed this earlier. This is "Tamra, The Island". It takes place on our island, Jeju, when the Dutch east Indies Company was trying to open Korea for trade. The location in the Sanbang Valley is just a few minutes from our home so we enjoy the series lol! So we hope you enjoy this series, it has subtitles so enjoy! Put it on full screen and get your kids and grandkids together they will enjoy it too ...Please enjoy oiur new home as we do, it's spectacular and the video entertaining...

If for some reason you passed on the coffee invitation, we also have lots of left overs to snack on. Along with some nice company for conversation So, you are not here yet???
                [attachment=17176:Ai_Shino...1114_002.jpg]

Kim Bo-gyung has today's weather for Korea...not bad...not bad

We hope you all had a great Thanksgiving with your family and friends! And we hope :Tamra, the Island" and the adventures of a young diver girl, Beo-jin, will entertain you and your family as much as it has ours! LOL, Beo-jin reminds me of another Korean girl close to my heart

Take care...Jim, Soo-jin, and the entire combined family/crew on Jeju, Happy Thanksgiving!
                Attached Files

Comment

• UPDATE 4 DECEMBER 2014, 0510 KST THURSDAY:

We slid back into the wire in the dark and cold at stand to. "The Mice" family and all had a great Thanksgiving, we knew where we would be after, so it was a special one this year, all were off for the week Things went well and not even a scratch, well other than Richard who sat on "something" while using the radio Much blood, little damage, very red face

We have GOOD NEWS! The DMZ Christmas Tree will shine this year! The church and other have gotten permission to erect a temporary tree this Christmas that will shine over the DMZ in place of the weakened permanent tower that was removed. I know most of you do not understand how very important this tree is. It can be seen all the way to Kaesong City North Korea and by ALL the KPA troops we face. It's Christmas music can be heard those same distances...it irritates the h*ll out of those commie bastages and we love it Soo-jin and the other church ladies will be there each night singing Christmas and religious songs ...it will be a normal DMZ Christmas lol... ...except this year Soo-jin will have her Multicam GEN IIIs under her choir robes

Other GOOD NEWS, I keep telling you, you have a friend that may surprise the heck out of you...unless "Bama upsets it all sticking with his Japanese Imperial Homies...

While on the subject of Japan and their wonderful history...BITE ME Japan!..ghosts of Christmas past got ya, ne? Confess you need to...

Bad news, the KPA is in it's winter training season...good news, they can't catch us lol...

Another surprise to a lot of folks. To the isolationists who want to leave Korea, news flash!!!! The ROK is you best ALLY, it has fought in all wars the US was involved in since 1950 unlike others you seem to proffer as best buddies. I have been to most of them and I've always met ROK troops there and had the honor to lead some in combined units during a couple so thar ...new law will make it easier for them to be with us...

Well at least some are finally realizing...hey, the North Koreans are dangerous!!!!! hey, this war ain't over folks!!!! Hey, they can nuke Suzie Q and the malt shop!!!!...and so can IRAN Babushkas!

Kim Bo-gyung has today's snowy weather for Korea...folks in the TOC 9 to 1 think Bo-gyung is a cuties lol..."Babos, she skinny Dutch..."...

LOL< so you can warm up like the Mice did this morning in the holding hooch, here's "MINI SKIRT" Korean STYLE...Yeah, I missed it...had a better offer

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin..."We go home Dutch..."

Comment

• UPDATE 4 DECEMBER 2014, 1200 KST THURSDAY: PART 2

When we came back in this morning it was 30F. and clear in Paju, well winter seems to be here folks, it's now 20F. and partly cloudy and only looks to be getting colder We had some cold nights in the hills with some snow and iced over streams, tensions are very high and there has been some exchanges of small arms fire when patrols meet in the "Z". You folks have no idea how close the peninsula is 90% of the time, so close to full scale war. With LIC constant, at times heating up to full intensity at times, they do not tell you this things at all. When you get several companies from each side get tangled up, it ain't LIC to you if you are involved, that's an infantry fight

And the action isn't always thought up by North Korea...it's 10 seconds to midnight, and you are in the dark...

And nuclear tests go on not even recognized by some...you do think, "North Korea isn't no big thing", ne? think again Bubby...

This should be no surprise, think they will set up a clinic or a death camp?...I'm thinking the song "smoke gets in your eyes" is appropriate...

More war dead have been recovered this year in Korea...Rest in peace brothers...

The ROK replies to Japan's demand to remove the comfort woman statues...it's time Japan if you ever want to be accepted into to Asia again...

North Korea is already attacking, and doing it well...don't ya just love your I Phones and electronic world you live in?

North Korea says no way will it accept the UN resolution and threatens nuclear test...Hey, Kerry, Obama! North Korea IS a NUCLEAR POWER!

Lee Jee-hyun Has today's freezing weather for Korea and also the world forecast...at least Jee-hyun warmed up the crew, lol!

As the weather gets colder our thoughts here turn to..."Nice tank weather, where are all those A-10's?" not here where they are needed for sure.

Having neglected the "animal ear" craze here in Korea for a while, I submit this for those of you who enjoy this back in the States too...And ask, you are not in Korea as yet? Why not.....
                    [attachment=17180:Baek_Seo...1214_033.jpg]

Come on over, life on Freedom's frontier is interesting to say the least. Working with ROKA Special Operations is the best there is "The Blind Mice" are staying with our brothers and sisters here and will stand with them just as they have with us, they alone came for us.
                    [attachment=17181:Korea_sof.jpg]
                    And with our HID brothers who's war NEVER ENDS...NEVER.
                    [attachment=17182:HID.jpg]
                    Come on and take a walk with us!
                    [attachment=17183:walk.jpg]

All this and Valkyries with long black hair and almond shaped eyes, you guys are missing it all, Valhalla!

Soo-jin is here, we are heading to lunch, more later if needed.

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin freezing on Freedom's Frontier.."anio, I warm Dutch, new suit is number ONE!"
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for this year of update Jim, I hope you'll continue to keep us aware !
                      " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

Working...
                      X