Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATE 4 DECEMBER, 2014, 0510 KST THURSDAY:PART 2 1200 KST

cUPDATE 3 JUNE 2014, 1415 KST TUESDAY:

It's raining and in the mid 60's in Paju today. My granddaughter enjoyed the weekend trip to China, she has never been to Beijing so it was all new to her, lol, she also learned that the "Chinese food" sold in US Chinese restaurants isn't what the Chinese actually eat themselves Like most, things just are not what they think they are like "PaPa, the Chinese are friendly and nice, they are like us...they have modern music like us here!..." Soo-jin has taken the granddaughter and two of her new cousins to COEX today for some girl time, lunch and shopping

Here is some food for thought, and not enough for eating...think about it on you next trip to Burger Kink...

Three North Korean fishermen in the South, 2 want to stay the third wanna go home.....day light coma an I wanna go home...

Well he got his wish, bye bye!...enjoy your rations mate...

THAAD system recommended for the ROK...great idea, hope it happens soon!...

For you Naval types here's some footage of the North Korean Romeo Class submarines, rarely seen in videos...brings a new meaning to PIG BOATS...

Lee Jee-hyun has todays weather for Korea...my weather rock says it's raining...

take care...Jim & Soo-jin
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

UPDATE 4 JUNE 2014, 0810 KST WEDS:

Partly sunny and in the 60's so far today in Paju, should get in the 80's after noon. My granddaughter is with her uncle, Dutch jr., today and getting some tours of the DMZ and JSA areas and they will meet Soo-jin and me here for lunch this afternoon.

In the news, seems some are finally seeing the light, NORTH KOREA IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN IRAN...can I have an AMEN on that???? and a "no duh"

Mixed emotions on this one, welcome to "International Children's Day" North Korea...will it be a hit or a miss?

For the satellite fans here's a imagery and article about the updates at the Sohae "Satellite Launching Station"...most upgrades are complete now...

More news later if warranted.

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin

"A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Thanks for the updates Jim. Keep em coming!

The sub article was pretty cool.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Hi Vince;

That sub base is at 39 59'36.55"N 128 12'37.32"E dependent on what you satellite service and what the dates of it's imagery is you could have a good show There are Romeo's in port in some of the historical imagery Investigate the entire island and the mainland shore directly to the west and north west of the island, interesting things can be found Sinpo is a major North Korean naval base, some can been seen some is underground.

Take care, my friend...Jim

Comment

UPDATE 11 JUNE 2014, 0934 KST WEDS:

We have some on and off rain today and warm temperatures in Paju. The rainy season is due to arrive the end of this month. We've been busy and took my granddaughter to China this past weekend for a short visit, we had a great time there..."How come this Chinese food isn't at all like what we get in Colorado?"

North Korea is now using a new anti-ship missile similar to the old US Navy Harpoon, believed to be the Russian Kh-35...Who's your buddy, who's your pal...why Vladimir Putin...who else?

Quit threatening us DPRK, new UN office will go ahead, thank you very much...and probably not much more will be done...

A brave teacher's body has been removed from the Sewol...she saved much of her class during the sinking...

Also in a less serious vein...Pysa' new video qith Snoop Dog is running up view. There's some interesting facts about Gangnam Style included...

Friday was the Korean Memorial day, 6 June. We attended the services before we caught our flight to China...Korea has not turned theoir's into a drink beer and eat burger and dogs orgy yet and is still a Salome holiday dedicated to the war dead...

Lee Jee-hyun has today's weather for Korea....it's gonna rain...

More news later if needed.

Comment

UPDATE 13 JUNE 2014, 0610 KST FRIDAY:

We have some scattered drizzle this morning making stand to a bit of an amphibious operation in Paju. Soo-jin actually got us some "home delivered'; breakfast Rice balls, red bean buns, and....eggs with sausage with two huge cups of coffee and a couple Danish LOL, I didn't think she would make it back from the gate with that big white bag of goodness, I could smell the goodies at about 75 meters And I am sure I heard some groans, whimpers and sighs coming from the North as the fragrance drifted into their bunker area Life is rough on "Freedom's Frontier"...burp!

A test of the missile defense shield is upcoming, should be interesting, notice how things speed up when they finally listen to the boots in the mud???...shopuld interest you in CONUS, it's your defense too...

An interesting Arirang News video of the recent raids searching for the Sewol sinking, 6,000 Nation Police raid...not to mention some military units now involved...

And the search went into a second day...no tunnels found and a couple arrests made...

Just in case you've missed Korean girls wearing ears, here is a story about "Bod Girls" a new girls group said to be the next "Crayon Pop:, we'll see, we'll see...maybe the ears will carry the day...

Kim Bo-gyung has todays weather for Korea....yep it's wet and going to get wetter...

TGIF !!!!! Getting tired of the "gortex rattle" rain go away...thank you.

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin, livin' the dream on Freedom's Frontier, yep...

Comment

UPDATE 17 JUNE 2014, 1450 KST TUESDAY:

79 F and raining today in Paju. We drug our tired buttz back in from a walk in the hills at 1200 today, I hate rain Well at least the Forest Gnomes hate it too and left us alone for the last leg of the walk Just enough to keep you damp and sticky Small arms fire is getting common again in the "Z" but nothing large scale so far, what happens in the "Z" stays in the "Z"

Kim Jung-un has been playing U-Boat captain lately, and sing we all live in a yellow..er..green submarine...now that' s a Fat Pig Boat....

While we are talking about Navels..no, navy stuff...seems China will be playing games with us...

More navels..er...navy stuff....North Korean anti-ship missiles..new, improved...does it work?

Just who's side is Obama on? Seems now he likes Iran, and he also backed the ISIS now taking Iraq over in Syria...he has not found a Muslim he fails to like me thinks...aren't ya glad he got 110% of the Ohio vote

here is lee Jee-hyun with todays wet Korean weather...at least she looks sunny...

Comment

UPDATE 18 JUNE 2014, 1420 KST WEDS:

Almost 80F and scattered showers today in Paju, al least we aren't running any hills today Almost dried out from the past couple "Uncle Dutch" has been showing the granddaughter around the secret squirrel world lol! She says Soo-jin is still her "hero" no matter what he shows her "she can kick your butt uncle Dutch, and she's a grandma...." war is heck Pretty sure this is how the granddaughter sees Soo-jin...close but Soo-jin has much better legs ...
                [attachment=16972:Ju_Da_Ha..._019_AAA.jpg]

Seems Kim Jong-un's submarine is an obsolete Chinese made 033-Class...I have my doubts as to it's quality, the screens in the portholes for summer got me thinking...

I am pretty sure this one isn't in you local media much if at all. North Korea has another American in prison, again another person of the church....where is the outcry folks?

More North Korean threats and balderdash... You no pray games dammit! we hate you wrong time GI..you WOKS too...

So you will not have a propaganda film withdrawal attack, a nice long 'un for you along with some good information...plus CZ 75 fake giveaway...

Lee Jee-hyun has todays weather for Korea...some sunshine yeah!!!

And finally a new girl gtoup "Bob Girls' with a new song "NO WAY"...any volunteers for korea now? Get your bids in now We ain't leaving so spaces are limited lol

Attached Files

Comment

UPDATE 19 JUNE 2014, 1600 KST THURSDAY:

75F partly cloudy and humid today in Paju. Soo-jin and a couple of her unit have the granddaughter in tow today showing her the SWC HQ's south of Seoul followed by a trip to, where else, COEX Mall lol....the hills will be alive with the smell of burning plastic...the granddaughter is in seventh heaven today lol, in a HMMWV full of black beret, jump boot wearing females Friday she gets to go to the range with them, and halmoni Soo-jin will be instructing her in the handling of the K1A and qualification, what every grandma teaches their granddaughters, right? She's also getting very good in Korean language and has basic Mandarin now too...lol two of the "Combined family" languages She says she wants to do what Soo-jin and I do, do not know if she really knows But I do know she has got the Dutch family love for Korea just like Dutch Jr, so who knows

The Defense Minister says it's okay for the US to deploy the THAAD system in the ROK...mainly for defense of CONUS...

And, North Korea's missile tests in march were to...yep...evade missile defense systems ....you just have to love The North Korean Follies...

Washington ponders...'uh, we be loosing Ukraine, uh that right? And what you mean Iraq roo...you say Iran isn't our ally...guess I shouldn't have sent the I-Otolla those DVDs then..."..."THEY WANT US TO WHAT??????>>>>>

Here is lee Jee-hyun with todays weather for Korea and the world... we gonna have dust...Jee-hyun is looking very sunny and bright

Here's a bit more of "Bob Girls' with interviews, photo ops and a couple songs...welcome to Korea, those not here eat yer hearts out ...

Comment

UPDATE 24 JUNE 2014, 0745 KST TUESDAY:

It's hot and humid with fog in Paju this morning rain is in the forecast. We were out and about the past few nights, no rest for the crew and tensions have not gone down one bit with the rains. It looks as if Obama is trying to set us up here in the "Z" by signing an international treaty banning land mines. That done, us speed bumps in the path of the NKPA will be overrun much more quickly, I guess that would help him with an "exit strategy for Korea" without the need to withdraw any troops...probably help with the VA mess too with no injured to treat. What an imaginative leader..whoot!

Here's the scoop on this wonderful and brilliant latest move by the Big 0...I do not know maybe he thinks this is strip mining or some other hippie cause...

We had another soldier "break" and attack his brothers here in Korea, strict gun control is in effect in the ROK...sh+t happens all over the world...

Arirang News video about the shootings...shooter taken alive but damaged...

Well here in Paju we have a pavilion called Imjingak. it's used to launch ballons to the North and other patriotic operations. Saturday the "Great Choco Pie Operation" was launched sending the number one snack of the ROK to the deprived North Koreans...we watched this operation doing what else? Munching on some Choco Pies and sipping ice tea, Soo-jin and the ladies also made some bulgogi for the occasion

Kim Bo-gyung has todays weather for Korea...it's going to do everything and....rain

With the summer arriving Saturday all Korean swimming areas are open now and swim suits are being featured in all department stores in Seoul. get a look at them here, in most swimming areas you will not see these They will be covered by team jerseys and big bulky shirts lol....there will be a few daring ladies that may wear them alone
                    [attachment=16976:swin_sui...in_Seoul.jpg]

More news if needed. Soo-jin and I are going out to find some pull string snappers to replace the mines in our AO...first adopters

Attached Files

Comment

UPDATE PART 2, 24 JUNE 2014, 1430 KST TUESDAY:

77F This afternoon and partly cloudy in Paju, and th humidity seems a bit less

Follow up on the conscript SGT that opened fire on his brothers...attacked with both a grenade and K-2 rifle

US interceptor missile test a success...THAAD WORK...yep

4th North Korean nuclear test expected, probably lead to viable missile warhead...in addition to the dozen or so already on ballistic missiles...

Seems we have neglected the popular Korean girls wearing ears for to long now. So for all ear fans here's one just for you...
                      [attachment=16977:Hot_Asia..._041_BBB.jpg]

Attached Files

Comment

" IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

UPDATE 25 JUNE 2014, 0755 KST WEDS:

Mid 60's and foggy this morning in Paju this morning. Humidity is High! stand to, was plagued by mosquitos We are not saying they are big, but, the AA units did open fire on the first wave thinking they were North Korean drones

Today is the 64th anniversary of the North Korean invasion of South Korea and the start of the 1950-53 Korean War. That war still goes on in blood outbursts over the years since then with the "DMZ War" 1966-1969 one of the largest. In the news 1950-53 vets are donating mementos from the war to the War Memorial of Korea in Yongsan...to those from that war and most veterans of the flare ups since, the Korean War is not forgotten...

The shooter from Sunday's shootings at a front line OP in the DMZ left a suicide note and is talking now....his reasons are still under investigation...

The ROK military team OSHINO Unit are leaving Afghanistan and coming home...most never knew Korean troops wree there, I suspect...

China's headache has to be North Korea, lol, I wonder why...maybe they will decide to let the little fat man try on his own...

And on this 64th anniversary of the Korean War, North Korea says it was all the US and the ROK's fault and we started it...like a bad record, they keep repeating the same lies...

Kim Bo-gyung says we will have a nice day today...we will see

North Korea Foreign Minister meets with Assad the Syrian president...an interesting read, ...

More news later.

Comment

UPDATE 26 JUNE 2014, 1410 KST THURSDAY:

It's about 80F hazy with some clouds in Paju today, not a bad day in all Soo-jin has gotten my granddaughter into a short training course down at SWC HQ's, she's learning parachute packing for free-fall and static line use, lol, so she's in seventh heaven, staying in the women's barracks with three of Soo-jin's ladies there for other schools. She's already completed airborne ground school last year and wants to "jump for real", we'll see

Well now you went and done it! North Korea is now threatening the USA with retaliation for the "act of war", yes "The Interview" is viewed as an act of war...well now Obama can say the North Koreans were incited by a movie just like Benghazi...

And while they are accusing, you also started the Korean War...all your fault Yankee Dogs...

A North Korean helicopter exploded in mid-air during parachute drops on the DPRK/China border...with out a doubt a back firing carburetor caused this

Japanese families visit the DPRK to visit family graves...hmmm.... mighty nice deal, eh?

The suicide note written by Sundays shooter will not be made public...we know he missed while shooting himself, jerked the trigger

In case you missed it. Chinese Navy ,PLAN, ships are in Hawaii for joint naval exercises with the USN in RIMPAC drills...bet your thought they were your biggest enemy, huh?

Lee Jee-hyun has todays weather for Korea...hot muggy and lookin' good...

Comment

UPDATE 27 JUNE 2014, 1430 KST FRIDAY:

TGIF, it's in the 80Fs and partly cloudy today in Paju today. "The Paju Corral Gang" has an epic steak burn set for Saturday afternoon lasting to...well...who knows maybe Monday morning lol. The neighborhood and most LE in the area are invited so should be a blast lol. Soo-jin and some of the ladies set out for Yongsan with a duce and a half and a KM420 to get vittles for the blow out. LOL my granddaughter is still at SWC HQ and is a bit sad missing the supply run with the ladies but she will be here for the burn Dutch Jr and Richard will be helping out tonight and in the morning getting the tables and grill set up along with some tents in case of rain, their ladies are on the supply run with Soo-jin's crew of cowgirls We are keeping our fingers crossed that the NKPA will be good for the weekend. Tensions are very high right now the steak burn will help ease the stress a bit

Thursday North Korea tested the new short range missile designed to screw up our steak burns...and target Seoul along with US bases south od there...

Kim Jong-un with Biggie Mac in paw guided these tests..."ret me see...I push dis button light here to raunch wocket, ne?"

Arirang News video about the missile firings...Wocket maaan, wocket man.....

And we have fresh threats of attacks by North Korea, gotta love summer...best not mess with the steak burn Kimie, we get mad big time...

They all have a story "they picked on me...."...think gun control ends this sort of thing..LOL! that's stupid, if they want to they do with what's at hand...

Lee Jee-hyun has today's weather for Korea...yellow looks good

Here's "A Pink" singing MR CHU for the 2014 World Cup show...the reason for the horns

Still in the mood of the 2014 World Cup, ears on a Korean cutie...do soccer balls count as ears?..don't know, but nice photo ne?
                              [attachment=16982:Eun_Ji_Y...30_AAAAA.jpg]

We hope you all have a great weekend!

Take care...Jim, Soo-jin and the entire "Paju Corral Gang"
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X