KOREAN UPDATE 29 MAY 2014, 1555 KST THURSDAY:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE 20 MAY 2014, 1450 KJST TUESDAY:

A nice day in Paju, mid 70's and partly cloud. We are off again today and will work tomorrow, can only milk a walk so much lol. We are having the rest of "The Blind Mice" over tonight for a back yard BBQ and some beer lifting. Dutch Jr. will be over too with his girlfriend, Soo-jin and I think he's not going to be single much longer lol, his girl has that look lol! The kid is like a deer in the headlights Yun-hee and Richard got here this morning and we broke the bikes out took the ladies over to Camp Casey for burgers, fries and milk shakes. It was a nice ride in the country, we did notice the seats on the bikes seemed a bit smaller for the ride home lol, the club makes good burgers

I'm leading off todays new with has got to be the funniest computer game I've seen in awhile lol...maybe as funny as Nuclear Kim Jong-un game, so if you want to be Jong-un here's the game for you...

The US Navy wants more missile defense exercises with the ROK, good idea...just a matter of time until it's for real folks, East Asia is heating up fast with China moving of the South China Sea Islands..

President Park is disbanding the ROK Coast Guard due to the FUBAR initial response to the Sewol disaster...the world's response was underwhelming too...

Thailand has declared martial law...South East Asia is getting a bit out of hand too...

Lee Jee-hyun has todays weather in Korea...it's nice today

Todays video is Girls Day and APINK with two numbers....Soo-jin's dance number to Expectations is better They taught her well, a field grade dancer...

Just in case some of you did not get enough with yesterdays "What we are fighting for"....she's baaack for one more....just in case you wondered her name is Kim In-ae, those not in Korea allwe have to say is..eat yer hearts out
    [attachment=16955:Kim_In_A...cccccccc.jpg]

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin

Attached Files
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

UPDATE 21 MAY 2014, 1445 KST WEDS:

It's almost 80F in Paju today and wall to wall blue skies, summer seems to be here early we had a great BBQ last night the crew stayed late so all are bit tired today lol. Soo-jin and the ladies out did themselves and all left stuffed lol! We also had a couple of the brothers and sisters who came into our darkness and pain back in 2011 and told us they were there to take us home to help us plan a steak burn later this summer with the "Paju Corral Gang" and "The Blind Mice". Some of those are no longer with us and will be missed by all, three years is a long time in this "job".

On a brighter note, my granddaughter will get here Saturday morning and spend Memorial Day with Soo-jin, Dutch Jr., myself and the rest of our group on our Memorial Day Trek to honor those who gave their all and never left Korea. She will be the 4th family member laying a wreath for her great grandfather, the original Dutch, on the DMZ beside the East Sea where he sailed past on his last journey that took him to the Yalu River and then to where only G*d knows. Like last year we will have two Chaplains one Christian and one Buddhist for prayers at the various memorial sites we will visit and lead a prayer at the War memorial by the East Sea for peace on this war weary peninsula and a day we can make our trek up to the Yalu too. I hope one day soon the "Dutch" family will be able to come to Korea without a rifle, it's one of our homes now, South Africa, Colorado USA, Paju/Jeju South Korea. Four generations have walked the soil of Korea, three have fought for freedom, and I pray the fourth will not have to carry a rifle here but can enjoy peace and family in this beautiful land. Another bright note, this year we will not have to pay our respects at the "Enemy Cemetery" in Paju, the Chinese government has taken the Chinese soldiers buried there home to their families at last, maybe soon we can bring ours home from the North.

In the news, Russian and Chinese naval exercises are entering the ROK ADZ...with Obama choosing the wrong side of history Russia is making gains...

Shots were fired in the West Sea warning North Korean naval vessels...get over it, it was a probe aimed at ROK defenses and responce times...

More on the North Korean border violation, we laugh at "strayed" it was an intentional provocation and violation...I do not think your media at home even mentioned this violation of the armistice, let alone anyone do anything...

Our new home, Jeju, is in the news too, our Island of Peace...we need to retire soon, we both can use some peace...

Lee Jee-hyun has todays weather for Korea and Jindo...looks good all the way around, nice weather too

A collection of Song So-hee folk songs from her early days to present....she is one of Soo-jin's and my favorites!

/////////////////////////////////////////////ADDED INFO ON THE ENEMY CEMETERY IN PAJU////////////////////////////////

Some articles from the PLA news source of the return of the Chinese Peoples Volunteer Army KIAs that were buried in Paju...we are happy to see you have gone home to your families at last, soldiers are soldiers
      "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Jim ??? Where is Kim In-ae ??????????
        " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

37 30'37.67"N 127 03'31.99"E

Comment

UPDATE 23 MAY 2014, 1355 KST FRIDAY:

It's near 80F and sunny with haze today in Paju, summer seems to be here lately it's a bit humid but not real bad Tensions have gone ever higher, shots were fired in the West Sea near the NLL between North Korean and ROK warships.

The story here is written to be "non provocative" so read it whith a grain of salt...shots were exchanged, if you want to think of them as warning shots, feel free to, if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy

More information of the exchange...5 "warning shots", yep, sure...

North Korea says they didn't fire nothing, like their BFFs the democrats, "Bush fired those shell, not us"...oh well, must have been the Sea Gnomes...

US condemns North Korea's warning shots..just so Obama doesn't draw another dang ling, that would guarantee war...more cheap azz words from Fearless Leader...

Arirang News video of the exchange...a little more illuminating, this happened ONE DAY after North Korea threatened to fire on ROK Navy vessels...

Lee Jee-hyun has todays weather for Korea and a world wide report...hot weather, so is Jee-hyun today IMHO ...

We hope you all have a nice weekend! We are going to have a quiet weekend at home...we hope.

Comment

UPDATE 28 MAY 2014, 1145 KST WEDS:

Another nice day in Paju, in the mid 70's and mostly sunny! Memorial Day went well for the crew and we made all our rounds. The granddaughter liked her first Trek, and said she felt proud to have gone with us. When you think tensions can not go higher they do, North Korea is on high alert and have brought more troops into the DMZ area, so we do not know how long she will be staying.

North Korean troops on DMZ on high alert...most of East Asia is getting more and more tense with each passing day...

US..hostile acts???...yeah, I guess...

More on the HOSTILE ACTS at Pan Mun Jom...should leave some Choco Pies in those huts

New Chinese bridges to North Korea, go ahead Obama side with Japan, want to guess how that works out now?...what price sushi now Big 0?

Malaysia releases new information on missing flight...if you believe this, I got a bridge you may be interested in...

Lee Jee-hyun has todays weather for Korea...yellow dust and a yellow dress, at least half is nice...

Here's a Chinese video for you railroad fans some interesting images and some nice music...steam locos and rock...

Comment

UPDATE 29 MAY 2014, 1555 KST THURSDAY:

Another warm and sunny day today with some yellow dust in the air around Paju, seems like summer is here for sure. A short update today, and we will be traveling Friday through Monday. We will be taking my granddaughter for a visit to Beijing area and to meet our friends there, lol, so I guess we will be off the grid a bit Soo-jin thinks this will be a good time to see how well the Mandarin lessons she's been giving me worked out

Sounds like a good lead in to the arrests the Chinese have made in connection with the bombing at Urumqi, Xinjiang...and the sentencing of Uighurs involved in terrorist activities...

if you failed to notice, North Korea has ICBMs! Sooo...the US wants closer missile defense ries with the ROK....yes they are real and pointed at you...surprise!!!

More talks about sharing information...now if only they administration will listen to what those with eyes on are trying to tell them...

At least it's a start, US wants ROK to join global missile defense system...no kidding...think there's no threat from North Korea to mainland US..what you smokin' ?

Michelle Park has today's weather in Korea...along with a world temp rundown...

For the weekend we decided to leave you with these two videos

So you think soldiers are different if from another country...lol!...I don't think so.pretty much the same here's ROK Army troops watching K Pop girl groups lol...lol, even Chinese troops enjoy the groups lol...

here's Sistar with the song that shook the barracks up a bit...Sistar singing..and dancing ALONE...
                Just more reasons we are never leaving Korea

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Comment

Working...
                X