Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KOREAN UPDATE 29 MAY 2014, 1555 KST THURSDAY:

UPDATE 1 APRIL 2014, 1100 KST TUESDAY:

We are supposed to get near 70F today and mostly sunny skies in Paju. Paju today is as tense as it can get and people are getting their import property together just in case. Soo-jin and my papers and such are always ready to be "evacuated", that is life on "Freedom's Frontier". Most important items are already at our home on Jeju.

Chosunilbo report on the artillery fire in the West Sea...all are waiting for the second shoe to fall...

The ROK responded to the North Korean shelling with the new ROE...three fold response...

Residents of the West Sea Islands are in shelters...villages and towns along the DMZ are on alert...

Large US/Korean marine exercises in Pohang...largest since Team Spirit exercises that ran until 1993...

This should scare them, yeah right...better send Kerry and Obama draw a line...

Lee Jee-hyun with todays Korean weather...nice weather and nice view

Meanwhile in Gangnam, a marching band promotes Brit culture...
    [attachment=16916:Gangnam.jpg]

More news when needed and able.

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin
    Attached Files
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

UPDATE 2 APRIL 2014, 0445 KST WEDS:

The weather is supposed to be partly cloudy and near 70F today in Paju. We have a 0400 stand to in effect like before now. Right now it's about 45F and a light breeze and the stars are out, you can hear the NKPA just to the north moving along the MDL. Developments in the past few hours make the possibility of a sea or land attack on the east corridor a possibility while most are concentrating on the west corridor where we are. ONLY, repeat ONLY North Korean boats and ships in the Wonsan area received warnings to vacate the waters from Wonsan to the south, but the North did not notify any others making us to believe a military operation may be in the planning. The are 40 + North Korean hovercraft and s few "Stealth Battleships" in Wonsan that can cover the distance very quickly to attack our posts on the DMZ or bypass for an attack along the east coast of the ROK. The North Koreans have also moved more missile assets into the area around Wonsan including TELs and ICBMs, these include a few ICBMs capable of striking the US mainland. Soo-jin and some of her people are in our shared bunker with updates on NKPA SF sapper units just to the northwest of our positions that were active during the night. We may be the only truly combined unit lol with some "combined families" operating together, three for sure

JoongAng Daily has a report on the North Korean warning to their ships..."get rittle boats outta water dere, no safe you..."

"Unknown" drones have turned up lately both in the West Sea islands and in PAJU (24 march 2014 it crashed) not far from our home, both had digital cameras with a range suggesting North Korean origin...this suggests the islands and PAJU are targets...

During the shelling Monday F-15ks with SLAM-ER missiles were deployed in a combat role...wockets for the wocketman's six

Kim Bo-gyung has todays weather for Korea...sunny weather and looking sunny

More news when needed and able.

Home sweet Paju
    [attachment=16917AJU.jpg][attachment=16918aju_2.jpg]

Attached Files
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

UPDATE 2 APRIL 2014 0820 KST WEDS:

Short up date now that things have slowed a bit, and we've had breakfast and a gallon of coffee.

North Korea is about ready to pop another nuclear weapon test, they say something new...wonderful, ne?

The ROK urges North Korea to stop with the provocations...or we'll hit you three times as hard, dammit....

This past Friday, 28 March, the ROK Women's Army Corps Honor Gurad performed at the War Museum south side of Seoul. Just another reason we all like it here
      [attachment=16919:Womens_Army_corps.jpg]

More news as needed.

Take care...Jim & Soo-jin..."Dutch, they got donut holes in little bags to go for us!!! Woo, glazed too!! You get jug of coffee to go..."
      Attached Files

Comment

Stay safe Jim!
        " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
        '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

So far so good my friend! The "Paju Corral Gang" and our Korean brothers and sisters have got each others six Soo-jin and I are in very good company. Korea is "The Gangs" home now too, so we stand where we are.

Take care brother...Jim & Soo-jin, Dutch Jr, Richard & Yun-hee and the rest of "The Paju Corral Gang"

Comment

UPDATE 2 APRIL 2014 CONTINUED 1510 KST:

A nice day in Paju, warm and sunny. Soo-jin and I had "lunch" with Richard and Yun-hee, Dutch Jr. showed up with a cooler full of ice cold Pepsi, so we had a nice "picnic" on the hill Dutch Jr's people are not to far down the line from us in an old ASA (Army Security Agency) site, not a lot of Americans left on the DMZ permanently. LOL! ours is easy to find, it's the one with the Korean, Chinese, rock and country & western music being played 24/7

Over the past 8 or so days North Korean drones have been spotted and found in the skies over the western islands and in our hometown Paju. One was captured in Paju and one in the western islands...ours was the coolest by the way, the camo on them would make a nice Hawaiian shirt lol....so we have a feeling Paju may be on the North's list of targets...So if you see photos of Paju types flipping off the sky this is the reason...

Arirang news has a short video on the drones, an expert says they are antiques...BUT THEY WORKED!!! Lol, no DVD player but did what they were supposed to do...

just so ya' all don't feel left out of all the fun here, Kim don't like you either...the little fat bastage...

If you haven't been told, North Korea has been shooting since last fall...I do know the US media has no interest in the East Asia area...

Michelle Park has this afternoons Korean weather...was a good day for a 'picnic'

Tuesday was nice too, in Seoul the LG Twins and SK Wyverns played ball and the girls group "Ladies Code" provided entertainment. This is Valhalla, think not?
            [attachment=16922:Ladies_Code_1.jpg][attachment=16923:ladies_Code_2.jpg][attachment=16924:Ladies_cod
            e_3.jpg]

In case Ladies Code isn't on MTV in the States here they are doing "Bad Girl"...another reason to love our new home...nice Gatling gun

take care...Jim & Soo-jin
            Attached Files

Comment

UPDATE 3 APRIL 2014, 0935 KST THURSDAY:

Near 50F and cloudy in Paju today. Tensions are getting higher here as more threats are made and more NKPA actions are observed including more drones and troop movements. 0400 stand to is normal again, so long days are the rule. LOL, Soo-jin is enjoying the "box lunches" and our "picnics", she's even put fresh flowers on the table in the rest/break bunker

In the news, justice North Korean style...North korean ranges have many uses

Japan wants to export military equipment to "friendly nations"...who the heck in East Asia likes and is friendly with Japan???

yeah, the drones are North Korean, and yeah our Paju drone looks the coolest...Japanese motors..hmmmm...could this be what japan wants to export ?

The National Security Council is meeting to discuss the drones...we are calling them..skeet now...

Kim Jong-un says the situation on the peninsula is very "grave"...Ya think fat man?

Kim Bo-gyung has todays (Thursdays) weather, cloudy maybe rain, for Korea...so far she's right on target...

More news later when able.

Comment

Good intel flow Jim, thank you. You guys are good men. Glad you're on that wall on one hand, sad on the other. But I guess you've got it to do there, we may have it to do here. We'll see how that goes.
                "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

CONTINUED UPDATE 3 APRIL 2015, 1520 KST THURSDAY:

Raining and in the mid 50's right now in Paju. Soo-jin is on a Yongsan run so you guessed it pizza, eings and Becks tonight for dinner

More updates of "our" drone in Paju. LOL, ran into one of our mountains. Ceong Wa Dae is the "Blue House' in Seoul, like the US White House ..hahaha Kimie, it's ours now you little bastage....

The little buggers are hard to hit, fly to high for the Vulcans...hmmm, maybe they are not antiques after all, seem to work fine....

Arirang News Video with good pics of the "Paju Drone"...short but interesting about the paju drone...

And they violate the Chicago Convention..yep...sounds good to me, so watch out kimie Chicago's tough...

Kim Jong-un says to troops "crush US"...mnaybe he is drinking to much Orange Crush...

More bad news, Obama plans to visit Korea 25-26 April this month ...we are doomed, ask Ukraine...what next Kerry???

Lee Jee-hyun with an update of todays Korean ans world weather...nice in red..."babos, she got big bottom..."

To keep you warm on a cold spring night here's ladies Code with "So womderful"...we think it is, this is Valhalla for sure...

Comment

UPDATE 4 MARCH 2014, 0450 KST FRIDAY:

Cold but clear this morning in Paju. Tensions are growing each day, North Korea seems to be preparing for something bigger than provocations of the past. Soo-jin snagged us a pot of coffee and we are enjoying it in the darkness waiting for the sun.

In the news, the "Paju Drone" has brought evidence to light that it most likely a North Korean drone from the North Korean markings and unknown finger prints in the craft...sightings of other drones suggest the North is doing recon for upcoming operations with Paju one of the targets...

More about the "Paju Drone's" photography of The Blue House...stealthy little critter, ne?

An understatement, North Korean madness must be stopped...and we all know hwo to stop it, if they would let us...

Possible upcoming North Korean nuclear test in April...maybe something new? maybe says Kim Jong-un...

Kim Bo-gyung has Fridays Korean weather...snow in the east cool and wet for the rest...

More news later, TGIF..sort of.

Comment

Take care and stay safe my friend, my prayers are with you and yours.

Stay safe,
                      Mark
                      "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.'
                      --George Patton

"Speed's fine, but accuracy is final."

There's no such thing as "unfair advantage."
                      11B4HJ3/B4

Comment

Hi Mark;

Soo-jin, Dutch Jr. and I appreciate your thoughts prayers my friend, as do the rest of our gang of Koreans and "white Koreans".

Your friends...Dutch, Soo-jin & Dutch Jr. ...livin' the dream

Comment

UPDATE 4 APRIL 2014, 1520 KST FRIDAY:

It's partly cloudy and in the low 50's right now in Paju, no 'skeet" have been spotted today so far. Tension is growing even higher, about all expect a ground assault somewhere along the DMZ. With the drone activity running from Paju to the Blue House we expect we'll be included in the "fun". So this weekend Soo-jin and I will spend it in our hideout at the COEX InterContinental in Seoul. Load out bags are part of our luggage and the hotel staff know what to expect lol. Plus there's a helicopter pad within two blocks of the hotel, we've used it before Nothing wrong in a little R&R

In the news The ROK has test fired a missile of it's own...not the biggest but has enough range and accuracy

Some more information on the drone that crashed during the artillery exchange...nowhere as neat as the Paju drone

And countermeasures against the drones are being 'mulled"...well shoot them down maybe....

Here's Michelle Park with the weather and news of the cherry Blossom festival in Seoul...yep, we are going there too...

I show you music videos of our pretty young ladies of why we like it here, well today here's a couple more. The first is the song Arirang, this is the marching song of the 7ID a patch a good many of us wear on our right shoulder. It shows some of the country that is now our home. The last picture in the slide show of the volcano crater with the lake in it's bowl is Mt Halla and is not to far from Soo-jin and my new home on Jeju-do where we hope we will soon retire to...more reason we like Korea, and the song that is in our hearts...

Another reason we like Korea, a little girl singer named song So-hee singing another version of Arirang, "TaePyong Arirang" about a walk through the mountain pass in spring when the flowers come out...most Arirang is sad, this one is not and is joyous...happy song of youth and spring...

Just two more reasons the "Paju Corral gang" like their new home We hope you all have a great weekend, we plan to

Comment

UPDATE 5 APRIL 2014, 1425 KST SATURDAY:

A nice day in Seoul, about 50F and partly cloudy. We went out on the town last night and had a great time, lots of music and libations Soo-jin is still the best dancer in Seoul lol, she learned a lot from Girls Generation We returned to the hotel in time to watch the sunrise from the hot tub with some very good white wine Soo-jin comment.."Dutch, maybe we not so old yet. Seem pretty young last night and this morning...still want to retire as soon as we can though."

In the news the drones continue to be the topic...for "old" "antiques" they seem to get the job done...

ROK to improve detection of the small drones and ballistic missiles to counter the North...a fly swatter may work....

Weird North Korean weapons? LOL, who knows, maybe these are gourmet seed weed packs from Japanese reactor waters ...or maybe NK copied of "Duke Nukem" lol....how many like the Duke

US/ROK live fire exercises start next week at Rodriguez Range...this should frost the little fat bastage good, not far from the DMZ

And the little fat bastage is again threatening the USA, he has in effect drawn his red line in the sand. Let's see who our own little line drawer reacts, probably as usual with a speech and some face making....so how many really think that Obama's lack of a set dealing with Putin does not encourage others to kick sand in his face?

Well, Soo-jin is ready we are heading out to the Cherry Blossom festival and then some shopping this afternoon followed by dinner at The Top Cloud, where else We hope you all have a great weekend!

Comment

JY-

Looks like you guys can stand down since Japan says they will destroy all of North Korea's missiles if they do another launch.

Hanley

Comment

Working...
                              X