Visiting Seattle in June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting Seattle in June

Any good places to train in or near Seattle? How about members with good places to shoot, I can bring Kona Coffee and Chocolate macadamia nut candies

Looking to have a day to play while visiting family for around a week. If I get a hookup I'll lug a rifle along for the trip, otherwise I'll lug a Jiujitsu gi....either way the wife will probably kill me and leave my body Puget Sound

Howdy - I live over on the other side of the Cascades from Seattle, about 150 miles east. There is a very active NRA highpower shooting community here, along with other disciplines. The prone matches are generally pretty well attended, and guys shooting "sniper" type rifles in either F-class from a bipod or in the any/any class with a sling are generally quite welcome.

Machias is a nice 500 yard range, near Lake Stevens, north of Seattle.

Plantation is a great 300 yard range, near Bellingham, well north of Seattle.

Paul Bunyan is south.

I generally shoot at the North Central Washington gun club, Wenatchee, 150 miles east of Seattle. We've got a 600 yard line and some gongs out quite a bit farther. Nice drive over the mountains though.

Rattlesnake Range is well southeast of Seattle, dry and windy, but there's a 1,000 yard line...

Here's a link to the state Rifle & Pistol Association - you can follow the links to check out the various ranges & shooting schedules.
    http://www.wsrpa.org/

Let me know if you've got any other questions re shooting in Washington. There's some decent fishing too.

Regards, Guy

Comment

[quote]
      Howdy - I live over on the other side of the Cascades from Seattle, about 150 miles east. There is a very active NRA highpower shooting community here, along with other disciplines. The prone matches are generally pretty well attended, and guys shooting "sniper" type rifles in either F-class from a bipod or in the any/any class with a sling are generally quite welcome.

Machias is a nice 500 yard range, near Lake Stevens, north of Seattle.

Plantation is a great 300 yard range, near Bellingham, well north of Seattle.

Paul Bunyan is south.

I generally shoot at the North Central Washington gun club, Wenatchee, 150 miles east of Seattle. We've got a 600 yard line and some gongs out quite a bit farther. Nice drive over the mountains though.

Rattlesnake Range is well southeast of Seattle, dry and windy, but there's a 1,000 yard line...

Here's a link to the state Rifle & Pistol Association - you can follow the links to check out the various ranges & shooting schedules.
      http://www.wsrpa.org/

Let me know if you've got any other questions re shooting in Washington. There's some decent fishing too.

Regards, Guy[/b]
      THANKS GUY! I'lllook over the info.

Hoping to get someplace with some range and metal to shoot at for a day near Seattle. Shooting land is pretty limited here in Hawaii. Target shooting in state hunting areas is a no-no, so if you don't have large private land tracts, you're stuck to the few ranges.

Comment

There's a range in Kenmore just north of Lake Washington that my buddy tells me is good. He's in Kenmore.

Comment

Working...
        X