Lexington, Kentucky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexington, Kentucky

any precision shooters out there close by to me?

I'm not close, but I'd like to welcome you to Paradise!
    "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

Thank You JayCeeNC
      i went to the last shoot in Murfsfreebourugh TN. Meet alot of great guys, (a few women too!) got my first confirmed hits at 1k!!!

Comment

Cruze,
        Welcome to the site, and please come back and hang out lots. There are a lot of us a bit north west of you in various parts of VA, CMShoot (Shep) runs a school down in Georgia, and there are a ton of people in between.... Hang out and meet the folks here, we are all friendly and don't bite....
        CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

Plan for what CAN happen, not what HAS happened.
        --CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
        --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'm down here near Bowling Green. Don't sign on much, but have been shooting more lately. There is supposed to be a 1500m range opening up near here, called Park Mamoth. They've been having some shoots but you cant go do any LR stuff there yet.

[quote]
          any precision shooters out there close by to me?[/b]

Comment

ENY7, why don't you come to the shoots that we host outside of Murfreesboro, TN. We have a 1450yd range with steel targets every 50yds from 300 - 1450.
            www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

[quote]
              Don't sign on much, but have been shooting more lately.[/b]

Sounds like a familiar theme Try to get to Tenn as Shep said, good people good time and best of all some guy's with no shiit experience who are more willing to share what they know. Well worth the trip...beats my 1,000 miles each way
              " May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" General George S.Patton

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

I'd like to check that out, and I'm not just saying that. Murfreesboro is a few hours from where I'm at. How do I find out more about the range and when I can come shoot? I've been looking around here for something like this for a while. Nothing in KY that I can find longer that 4-500yrds. I do have a farm where I can shoot 1k+ in my county but it's not a range.

Is there a web site?

thanks for invite, I'll be down there.

Comment

Hey Cruze,

I guess you don't consider me a long range precision shooter?

You had better make it back down to the Murfreesboro Shoot this year!

Anytime you want to shoot at Knob Creek just email or call at we can have some fun out to at least 300 yds, 500 yds if you want to shoot at the top of the hill.

Hopefully things will be picking up in KY this year with the Rock Castle Shooting Center which is part of the Park Mammoth Resort near Mammoth Cave.

Park Mammoth

Rock Castle Shooting Center

Looks like they are in the process of getting up and running,
                  The early features will include 3D archery, scenario paintball fields, a variety of rifle and pistol ranges, and shotgun sports.[/b]
                  It also looks like they are headed off into new territory with the SABRE DEFENCE Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship, and the IPSC Pan-American Shotgun Championship.

We REALLY need a good quality 600-1,000 yard range that is open to the public, I am hoping they can make something happen?

Hey Shep, maybe you want to drop them a line, hopefully you could help them with a nice Long Range Shooting setup!

I am keeping my fingers crossed!
                  M Richardson
                  "Old School" US Army 1986 - 1994
                  Just Cause - Panama / Desert Storm - Persian Gulf / Restore Hope - Somalia

Currently doing something that involves a Disaster, Fire, Guns, or Medical Emergency!

Comment

[quote]
                    I'd like to check that out, and I'm not just saying that. Murfreesboro is a few hours from where I'm at. How do I find out more about the range and when I can come shoot? I've been looking around here for something like this for a while. Nothing in KY that I can find longer that 4-500yrds. I do have a farm where I can shoot 1k+ in my county but it's not a range.

Is there a web site?

thanks for invite, I'll be down there.[/b]

The event is setup on private land, it is not a formal range that is open to the public.

You can check the threads posted here,
                    Snipers Paradise Rendezvous

If you have any questions, Shep will be more than glad to help you out.

Hope to see you there,
                    M Richardson
                    "Old School" US Army 1986 - 1994
                    Just Cause - Panama / Desert Storm - Persian Gulf / Restore Hope - Somalia

Currently doing something that involves a Disaster, Fire, Guns, or Medical Emergency!

Comment

Im in Middle Tennessee so not to far away I live just outside Nashville. Maybe we can link up and shoot
                      Wanna discount ? Sign up free at www.Magnumforceballistics.com and then email me your new user name and tell me you are a member of Sniper Paradise and I will set you up so that everything and everytime you purchase you will get an automatic discount at check out!

Comment

only one precision shooter in Kentucky on here?!?!?!

i've got an ar10 now i wanna shoot out to 1k now

Comment

5 year bump to the top!!

i've recently acquired a 260 remington and 300win mag. wanting to get some long range shots again

Comment

Working...
                          X