My recent visit to AIM in Blakely GA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My recent visit to AIM in Blakely GA

I taught my first class utilizing the facilities at American International Marksmanship Academy in Blakely, GA. I am amazed at the facility there, and what it is soon going to be. Currently, it encompasses approximately 2500 acres.

Here's a list of what they either have already, are currently building, or have planned. This is by no means a comprehensive list covering everything!

200, 300, 600 and 1000yd Known Distance ranges with pulled target butts, similar to KD ranges used to qual in the military, or shoot matches like at Camp Perry

2400yd Unknown Distance Range

Range specially designed for Snipers to practice angle shots, e.g., uphill and downhill, out to 1000 yards

15 pistol ranges, including turning targets, steel and "runners"

Trap, skeet & sporting clays

Shoot houses

"Breaching" house for demolitions and such

Combat town

40 acre driving course

Drop zone

Aerial platform shooting range

An airfield so that units such as the Rangers can practice airfield seizures/denials. For those of y'all that don't know, airfield denials involves uses upwards of a total of 400lbs of explosives to blow big holes in the runways so that the enemy can no longer use them.

An airplane fuselage/cabin for use with Simunitions

40 student and 100 student classrooms

Bunkhouses, cabins and squad bays

Pro shops with gunsmiths on hand

Chow hall

They bought the local municipal airport and have that attached to the property.

I met a bunch of guys down there, and they were all outstanding; friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic. I'd like to give a big shout out to my main contact down there, Marc Masoner. Marc is a former Ranger and a heckuva guy.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Looking forward to seeing this place myself.

Comment

You really have to see it to know how well designed and built the place is.
      " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
      '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

Wish they had something like that over here
        In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

Comment

Sounds like my back yard.
          I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
          "Dogs best friend"
          "Every dog needs a friend"
          "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
          "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
          " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
          " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
          (All the above, Yours Truly
          The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

That's the next Rendezvous location, May 2012.

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Can't wait

Comment

Here is a pic from the firing line of the 2400yd Unknown Distance Range, which is not done yet. We were able to get 1000yds out of it, but it will be ready to go the full distance very soon.

Comment

Very nice. Ill be able to stretch the lega on the 300 finally.... woohoo

Comment

I'll have my .300WM up and running by then.

Comment

Sssuuhhwwweettttt. Gonna be fun..........

Comment

Nice looking real estate.
                        Too bad it wasn't there when I was working nearby at Ft. Rucker a couple years ago.
                        "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

What are the dates for the Rendezvous again?
                          "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

May 5-6

http://snipersparadise.com/sniperchat/inde...showtopic=31242

Comment

So do we have to bring 400lbs each or is that combined???? Can I bring some people to play BG's in Combat Town???

Sam
                              " May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" General George S.Patton

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

Working...
                              X